Registered
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause of
Little League World Series:Southeast vs. West

·
Registered
19,779 Posts
Was wondering that myself also, 10pm ? wtf its not going in circles and dont have JG or DE on or sum assholes telling us how great the crews are! NHRA WAKE UP assholes! before its too late or is it too late did smith buy NHRA yet? if that happens watch we will see live coverage of events ! like i think tnn used to have. fuckin sad shit 10pm to 1 am lol who the fuck would stay up for that!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Why aren't there dozens of hours of IHRA and NHRA on SpeedTV?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
My theory is that drag racing will never be as popular as the roundy-round crap because you just can't fit as many people in the stands on either side of a dragstrip as you can around a superspeedway or even just an average size NASCAR track. And besides, the NHRA is too commercialized already - do you want it to get worse?

Yes, I'm going to stay up and watch it, and I'll be happy as a clam that I don't have to sit through half-hour and hour-long track cleanups. I get PLENTY of that at my local 1/4 mile.

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
My theory is that drag racing will never be as popular as the roundy-round crap because you just can't fit as many people in the stands on either side of a dragstrip as you can around a superspeedway or even just an average size NASCAR track. And besides, the NHRA is too commercialized already - do you want it to get worse?

Yes, I'm going to stay up and watch it, and I'll be happy as a clam that I don't have to sit through half-hour and hour-long track cleanups. I get PLENTY of that at my local 1/4 mile.
You hit the nail on the head. Drag racing is impossible to air live because of oildowns, etc. so the best you can hope for is same-day tape delay. This is why TiVo owns... Unfortunately, it's no help when the stupid NASCAR Stump-Lick Marry-Your-Sister 400 runs long and ESPN pushes POWERade back an hour. I've gotten in the habit of telling the TiVo to record an extra "just in case" 60 minutes to make sure I don't get hosed.

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. Drag racing is impossible to air live because of oildowns, etc. so the best you can hope for is same-day tape delay. This is why TiVo owns... Unfortunately, it's no help when the stupid NASCAR Stump-Lick Marry-Your-Sister 400 runs long and ESPN pushes POWERade back an hour. I've gotten in the habit of telling the TiVo to record an extra "just in case" 60 minutes to make sure I don't get hosed.
Thanks. :D
I find it's more often that ball-and-stick sports run long and delay the airing of the drag race, but it sucks no matter what delays it. :axe:

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
too busy running Unique shows.
Great. We can watch Will and his crew build the same speaker box for the 80th time.

I know dragracing live is a tough format, but SpeedTV, Rich and Nate have proven you can make a great show of it.

Now why not follow the IHRA each weekend, and edit a decent Monday evening show?

Anyone for NHRA sportsman classes?

Just follow series' like NMRA/NMCA?

Perhaps film some Super Chevy events?

Come on Speed! There's tons of stuff out there to make great original programming.

And we can stop watching Will yell at his staff.

·
~ YB Monster crew ~
20,664 Posts
Was wondering that myself also, 10pm ? wtf its not going in circles and dont have JG or DE on or sum assholes telling us how great the crews are! NHRA WAKE UP assholes! before its too late or is it too late did smith buy NHRA yet? if that happens watch we will see live coverage of events ! like i think tnn used to have. fuckin sad shit 10pm to 1 am lol who the fuck would stay up for that!
Phuck you guy's must really be dumb it's 10 eastcoast time 7 westcoast time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts