Yellow Bullet Forums banner

241 - 249 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
That's an awesome pic. The Killer is owned by Davey Tabler. Eugene originally raced it, then Davey's son Greg started driving it. Greg won Indy with it. Davey still has the car parked in a barn somewhere around Columbus. Davey and Greg have put together a B/DA comp eliminator car, and Eugene has a LMR powered Neon that he runs in B/A. I see all three of those guys at least once a week.

Ben Holt
John Holt Race Cars

·
Registered
16,522 Posts
BUMP! Randy you had some good, workable ideas. Man, I'd love to see something like M/P running again.
Guess we're all too old. ;)

·
Aviation Section
23,267 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Still the best racing of all time, imo. Looking at those videos, the stands were full, the fences were packed. The sounds were awesome, it didn't matter where you were at the track, you knew when modified was running.

·
Registered
827 Posts
It would be fun to see it come back. NHRA, IHRA won't do it, it would have to be a series on it's own. Quain Stott has talked about it with the SEGA's, but he has his hand full with the Gassers. I wouldn't limit it to the older cars either, how many of them are actually still around, let the fox bodies and Camaro's and others in too. That would let more people play. Just my opinion.

·
46,935 Posts
It would be fun to see it come back. NHRA, IHRA won't do it, it would have to be a series on it's own. Quain Stott has talked about it with the SEGA's, but he has his hand full with the Gassers. I wouldn't limit it to the older cars either, how many of them are actually still around, let the fox bodies and Camaro's and others in too. That would let more people play. Just my opinion.
Not if Stott is running it.

He doesn't believe those cars ever existed.

Besides, I don't think you'll ever find anyone with a Camaro, Mustang or even Nova that will install a set of Stott's famous "green" harnesses.

·
Registered
16,522 Posts
^^^ You might not appreciate him, but Quain has done a tremendously good job with that gasser group. My hat's off to him because he made a vision into a reality.

241 - 249 of 249 Posts