Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on building this thing as a dedicated track car and I’m curious if it would be a legal connection if the roll bar attaches to the top of the 1/8” plate in the picture instead of directly to the crossmember? I plan on running mid 8’s
Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Composite material

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Double check with your local NHRA tech inspector first (ultimately it’s his call), but I can’t see it being an issue. Your “kicker bars” should be able to land on the subframe connector or ladder bar crossmember, depending on how far forward or back the main hoop is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double check with your local NHRA tech inspector first (ultimately it’s his call), but I can’t see it being an issue. Your “kicker bars” should be able to land on the subframe connector or ladder bar crossmember, depending on how far forward or back the main hoop is.
What do you mean by “kicker bars”?. The main hoop will be about 8” forward of the 4-link crossmember welded to another plate attached to the inner rocker with a piece of tubing running in between the plate and the frame of you can visualize that.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Are you doing an 8.50 cert cage? Or more? The kicker bars would come from the intersection point of the main hoop and harness bar at an angle towards the middle of the car and tie either into the driveshaft tunnel with plates, or the subframe connectors. If you’re doing a 25.5, 25.2, or 25.3, it would be situated a little differently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either a 25.3 or 25.4. I’m not sure which it would fall under since it will not have an oem frame or floor/fire wall. I was planning on attaching the kicker balls at the points in the picture. Not sure which is legal either. I’m still waiting on my sfi book.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
kicker bars will go back and support the ladder bar or 4 link area not onto the main frame rails/connector

1 - 9 of 9 Posts