Yellow Bullet Forums banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
TEAM CARB
47,423 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sorry Gary you are incorrect. 2019 stipulation merely means that the claimed body you run can not be any older than 2019. These cars are going to be tube chassis Pro Stock style cars, only with the factory steel shells as opposed to the carbon replicas in the current Pro Stock. Basically, the chassis/body rules mimic the rules in the No Prep Kings series, so no extended noses or ground effects. They will look like factory cars but underneath they will be all race car

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
84,008 Posts

So you have to build an old style P/S.
Steel roof & quarters, the rest carbon fiber.
10 inch tire, and 2650 instead of 2350.

There will be no money in it, and they expect a bunch of rich guys to jump in the next 3 month's to get these things built???

Exactly...

• Haha
Reactions: TurboSBC

·
T/S 368E
35,304 Posts

There has been BILLIONS of dollars spent on the current P/S.
Just imagine the shit show if they replace it.
You think they lost their ass in the truck case, think about what the people in P/S will do to them!!!

·
Registered
18,775 Posts

There has been BILLIONS of dollars spent on the current P/S.
Just imagine the shit show if they replace it.
You think they lost their ass in the truck case, think about what the people in P/S will do to them!!!
If 16 cars spent 1 million every year to run that car, it would take 62 years to spend 1 billion. Pro Stock has been around what, 50 years? And they sure as hell weren't spending 1 million for each car along the way.

Want to rethink your "billions" estimate?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Sorry Gary you are incorrect. 2019 stipulation merely means that the claimed body you run can not be any older than 2019. These cars are going to be tube chassis Pro Stock style cars, only with the factory steel shells as opposed to the carbon replicas in the current Pro Stock. Basically, the chassis/body rules mimic the rules in the No Prep Kings series, so no extended noses or ground effects. They will look like factory cars but underneath they will be all race car
Show me a link where I can read all about it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Once they have willing participants with new Chassis/ Body dedicated to the class, what would make them, NHRA and manufacturers, not change the power to factory electric motors??

Just seems the govt is pushing big 3 into electric power, this just seems like a perfect platform to transition. Hope I'm wrong....

·
T/S 368E
35,304 Posts
If 16 cars spent 1 million every year to run that car, it would take 62 years to spend 1 billion. Pro Stock has been around what, 50 years?
And they sure as hell weren't spending 1 million for each car along the way.

Want to rethink your "billions" estimate?

You want to rethink there are only 16 cars and only spending 1 million a year.
Not even close!!!

It was posted what the truck guys claimed, and P/S is much much higher!!!

I'll agree the "S" should be dropped, but I'm betting P/S has spent over a BILLION dollars.

• Haha
Reactions: TurboSBC

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Please show an NHRA link where it says that. I would like to read about it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Exhibiton Vehicle Rulebook Supplement 11-5-2021 (nhraracer.com)

Here is the rulebook for it. scroll down to factory experimental. They have not finalized everything just yet but the majority is there. Biggest difference between the link you posted and the current new A/FX rules is the showdown cars (link you posted) are a minimum of 3550 or 3575 lbs. These cars will be minimum 2650

2022_NHRA_Rulebook_21_11_15.pdf (nationaldragster.s3.amazonaws.com)

This is the link to the NHRA rulebook, which if you scroll down under under Sportsman classes, between Stock and Super Stock, you will find the Factory Stock Showdown rules

Hope that helps!

61 - 80 of 112 Posts