Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I dont see it being very popular unless the manufactures put in some big suport and they have multi car teams. The FSS cars have already priced out the guys that thought they could actually buy a car and race it with a little work. It got too expensive and competitive too quick and I think these will be worse.
Every heads up class in the history of racing has gotten out of control. Its the nature of racers. Shit, look at small tire, and big tire street that has morphed into the street outlaw ****, and the no prep shit. That is big time extremely high dollar racing. These guy wad up cars left and right, and always seem to have another 125-150k car waiting.
I hope the class does well, i truly do. I think its a replacement for the reasonably unsafe FSS cars. That shit is way too fast at 3500 lbs and a 9" tire IMO. But the 5 speed thing just added extra crew and expense. I know most people wanted auto, but a couple guys lobbied hard for the 5 speed thing.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Every heads up class in the history of racing has gotten out of control. Its the nature of racers. Shit, look at small tire, and big tire street that has morphed into the street outlaw ****, and the no prep shit. That is big time extremely high dollar racing. These guy wad up cars left and right, and always seem to have another 125-150k car waiting.
I hope the class does well, i truly do. I think its a replacement for the reasonably unsafe FSS cars. That shit is way too fast at 3500 lbs and a 9" tire IMO. But the 5 speed thing just added extra crew and expense. I know most people wanted auto, but a couple guys lobbied hard for the 5 speed thing.
Im suprised there allowed to
Im suprised there allowed to go as fast as they do now without going over chassis cert

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
NHRA has announced a new "exhibition" category for 2022: Factory Experimental

This will be a "category", not a class, therefore the cars will not compete with cars in current classes, such as Competition Eliminator. Just like the Factory Experimental category from the 1960's, which became the Funny Car Class at NHRA.
Preliminary rules are: engine from same manufacturer as the body; 2650 lb. minimum weight (with driver); steel roof and rear quarter panels (2019 and newer body); 33" x 10.5" tire.
Basically a proving ground for new factory hot rods and playground for OEM engineers.
Striking Back- 2019 Cobra Jet Mustang Unleashed, Part One
This will be the Ford entry. Not exactly a tube chassis panel car. Evidently the Camaro and Challenger will be built the same way.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Greg Stanfield is Aarons' dad. He raced S/S, Comp, Pro Stock Truck, and Pro Stock with wins in each class and just won his Fifth Super Stock National Championship this year after winning the last one 27 years ago. All around good guy and bad ass racer and engine builder.

BENT
FBJ

·
Registered
16,787 Posts

·
Trump is a LOSER!
1,093 Posts
Striking Back- 2019 Cobra Jet Mustang Unleashed, Part One The Ford version will look like this. Pro Stock circa 1971.
Every 2019 Cobra Jet looks like that. I'm sure the others
Striking Back- 2019 Cobra Jet Mustang Unleashed, Part One
This will be the Ford entry. Not exactly a tube chassis panel car. Evidently the Camaro and Challenger will be built the same way.
Will be? That's from 2019

Those are already built. They're just 2019 Cobra Jets. This is almost 2022.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
It has been approved.

NO.
Completely different and irrelevant, the new class is a Pro Stock chassis minus the electronic and inerter shocks and with actual stock body dimensions.
You might be thinking of the Ford proposal to use production engines in Pro Stock. Coyote, LS, and Hemi. Still use same chassis and body rules. The DRCE mafia shot that down.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts