Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Trump is a LOSER!
1,093 Posts

So you have to build an old style P/S.
Steel roof & quarters, the rest carbon fiber.
10 inch tire, and 2650 instead of 2350.

There will be no money in it, and they expect a bunch of rich guys to jump in the next 3 month's to get these things built???

Reading comprehension fails you again, I see.

·
Trump is a LOSER!
1,093 Posts
That no prep stuff will run it’s course faster than NHRA pro classes. Once the fans wake up and realize that those guys are spending upwards of 200k just for one car and you don’t allow any joe average into race they will begin to wonder why no one wants to race it anymore. Run what you bring that’s funny. That’s great in all of those classes you mentioned that had that rule and now all of those classes are out of reach of the so called grassroots racer.
Out of touch with reality, Eh?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
We already have way too many classes at the national event level. That’s why there is not enough time for sportsman classes. Maybe they will only run them at the events that do at have pro stock and do away with the mountain motor class.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I think it is basically a current pro stock car with a factory engine on a 10.5 tire. Should be fun to watch if all 3 factories get involved.
Official rules are rumored to be coming in the following weeks, but as we understand it the engine combinations will be the 630-horsepower Chevy Camaro 327ci V8 with 2.65L Magnusson supercharger, 630-horsepower Challenger Drag Pak 354ci V8 with 3.0L Whipple supercharger and 610-horsepower Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 327ci V8 with 3.0L Whipple supercharger.
Looks like the Ford combo has already been penalized and they haven't even started yet
it's on a big tire

·
Registered
476 Posts
It doesn't you have to remember you have to have a safe car running at high speeds. And a full tube chassis is the answer.
Exactly, that's the issue with FSS, the cars are getting too fast and are creeping up on their 7.50 chassis certs..

The full tube chassis will save money, time, and they won't be molesting a very collectible car in the interest of going faster.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,775 Posts
Yall motherfuckers are fuckin stupid. And lazy.

"A/Factory Experimental (or A/FX), that will feature modified, lightweight Factory Stock Showdown-style (FSS) production cars."

Oh no. Let's not look up more info about it. Let's just make shit up and get pissed over it! Yea! Same thing you dumb motherfuckers always do.
This is not TOBT. If you want to bash members, take it to TOBT because that attitude of yours won't be tolerated in this section.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
NHRA has announced a new "exhibition" category for 2022: Factory Experimental

This will be a "category", not a class, therefore the cars will not compete with cars in current classes, such as Competition Eliminator. Just like the Factory Experimental category from the 1960's, which became the Funny Car Class at NHRA.
Preliminary rules are: engine from same manufacturer as the body; 2650 lb. minimum weight (with driver); steel roof and rear quarter panels (2019 and newer body); 33" x 10.5" tire.
Basically a proving ground for new factory hot rods and playground for OEM engineers.
Ford proposed this a few years back for Pro Stock and was shot down.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think it is basically a current pro stock car with a factory engine on a 10.5 tire. Should be fun to watch if all 3 factories get involved.
Official rules are rumored to be coming in the following weeks, but as we understand it the engine combinations will be the 630-horsepower Chevy Camaro 327ci V8 with 2.65L Magnusson supercharger, 630-horsepower Challenger Drag Pak 354ci V8 with 3.0L Whipple supercharger and 610-horsepower Ford Mustang Cobra Jet 327ci V8 with 3.0L Whipple supercharger.
Looks like the Ford combo has already been penalized and they haven't even started yet
The Coyote is a 302. Thought the LS was a 6.2?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

·
Banned
9,448 Posts
Wonder how popular this class will be ?
I dont see it being very popular unless the manufactures put in some big suport and they have multi car teams. The FSS cars have already priced out the guys that thought they could actually buy a car and race it with a little work. It got too expensive and competitive too quick and I think these will be worse.

21 - 40 of 112 Posts