Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Year ago I suffered a detached retina. After 3 operations I lost my eyesight in my left eye. I finished my car this year and after it's first test and tune I was told that I need a comp lic and chassis cert. I know the car will pass but will I be able to with 1 bad eye? Any one with personal experience or that know some one with this problem, I would appreciate any info. Thanks - Steve

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Don Garlits ran Top Fuel after a detached retina, so I think you might be OK. Then again, you ain't Don Garlits. Good luck, hopefully it works out.
I thought he didn't compete at sanctioned events after that. I know he did some nostalgia stuff. Unless we are talking about two different events. The one he suffered after testing parachutes is the one I am thinking about.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
I thought he didn't compete at sanctioned events after that. I know he did some nostalgia stuff. Unless we are talking about two different events. The one he suffered after testing parachutes is the one I am thinking about.

That's the one. He did some Match racing with Shirley Muldowney a few years ago at some NHRA Nationals events. That's what I meant by saying he was Don Garlits....perhaps NHRA was willing to turn a blind eye to it....pun intended....LOL!

·
Registered
500 Posts
A Year ago I suffered a detached retina. After 3 operations I lost my eyesight in my left eye. I finished my car this year and after it's first test and tune I was told that I need a comp lic and chassis cert. I know the car will pass but will I be able to with 1 bad eye? Any one with personal experience or that know some one with this problem, I would appreciate any info. Thanks - Steve
how did it happen ? I can't sleep because Im on pain pills for my back for 2 years now. I started taking sleeping pills to get any sleep . 6 months later my right eye has gotten a retinal detatchment and is only getting worse. I slowed down the sleeping pills and now my left eye has the same problem. So obiously im off sleeping pills. And I have found Nitric oxide from vitamin stores like gnc is actually improving my vision. I guess the sleeping pills lower your hear rate so low in your sleep that it doesn't allow proper blood circulation to the eye and you end up like me. just tryin to warn ya guys

·
Registered
280 Posts
Steve dont have an answer for you but how you doin. This is John we swapped hoods and i bought a trans and converter off you a while back. Car looks good.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I worked on a guys alcohol funny car who onky had vision in one eye. Im not exactly sure if this helps, but he ran division 2 nhra sometime back and competed with vision in only one eye.
Chris

·
Registered
824 Posts
What's good enough to pass? 20/20, 20/30, etc.?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
the eye part of the physical is not very defined as to what you need....

I have been going for a long time to reg MD and he always just signed off on the eye part. last two times my new MD would not sign off on the eye part. Sent me to an Eye doctor, and the eye docotor is like, there are no real requirements on here??? IF you have a State lic for where you live, i bet your passing. Go to the eye doctor first with the form and have him write you a note, then go to the reg MD for the rest of the exam

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
the eye part of the physical is not very defined as to what you need....

I have been going for a long time to reg MD and he always just signed off on the eye part. last two times my new MD would not sign off on the eye part. Sent me to an Eye doctor, and the eye docotor is like, there are no real requirements on here??? IF you have a State lic for where you live, i bet your passing. Go to the eye doctor first with the form and have him write you a note, then go to the reg MD for the rest of the exam

Did they change the forms? They clearly ask for the vision in the right eye, the vision in the left eye, and the vision of both eyes combined. If your eye doctor doesn't understand that, He's probably not a very good eye doctor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts