Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its gonna be a good 6-8 weeks before my truck is done, but I'd like to get a jump start on getting somethings taken care of. I need to get the chassis certified and get my competition license. The truck should run mid to high 9's. But, can I take my comp test in a different vehicle? And if so, does it have to be a vehicle that runs in the 9's also? I have access to use my cousins drag truck and that runs high 10's, low 11's.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You can run any vehicle you choose. It takes 6 total runs, and they don't have to be completed in the same day. 2 about 330 mark, 2 1/8 mile, and 2 full passes.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
You can run any vehicle you choose. It takes 6 total runs, and they don't have to be completed in the same day. 2 about 330 mark, 2 1/8 mile, and 2 full passes.
Yup do this get em signed off by another Liscened Driver or Track Manager & join the Nut Club! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just had a chassis cert. it was 150

·
Registered
724 Posts
yes...you need to be fully NHRA legal in the vehicle you are using...all safety gear, certs, etc.

comp license is 100 + you need to be a NHRA member.

there aren't comp license days (to my knowledge)...just go to a TNT and say you need to license...they'll set you up...

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Have to get a physical first. A doctor that does the FAA type is who you'll need to see. Dont think you have to have the track mgr. Believe any NHRA offical can sign along with other licensed drivers. You have to have a valid drivers license from the state inwhich you reside.

·
Registered
275 Posts
not trying to hijack but if your licence has expired do you need to do 6 more passes or is there a way to renew it?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Nope, just have to stay on top of it. The reason they do the date of expiration on physical is obvious. If you got a physical and didnt get you license until 2-3 weeks/months later. Things change. It aint no big deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts