Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
One thing I've always wondered is why they make you get a permanent number for classes that don't require a license. Seems a lot of participants that aren't chasing point could still attend local divisional races and play spoiler to the big dogs. As long as you're a member I think you should be allowed to compete. Might bring more people in for future competition. :smt102

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I ran the track... I'd Ban throttle stops, delay boxes and traction control of any kind from the sport, they do not improve the spectator experience, or provide a more competitive advantage for anyone, once everyone else has it.

It only drives up costs and creates an arms race for the latest 'gizmo.

Without t-stops and gizmos, index racing would flourish, as bracket racers would gravitate toward the index that suits them best. Spectators would love to see heads up launches and photo finishes.

I'd love to see more big money index style no box racing.
Couldn't agree more! :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Age old dilemma...the definition of compromise is where neither party is satisfied. Allow anything and those with the deepest pockets dominate...restrict everyone and fail to properly police policies and you have deep dissatisfaction in the ranks.

Days gone by are days gone by...this will never return as a "spectator" sport for the general public again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One thing I've always wondered is why they make you get a permanent number for classes that don't require a license. Seems a lot of participants that aren't chasing point could still attend local divisional races and play spoiler to the big dogs. As long as you're a member I think you should be allowed to compete. Might bring more people in for future competition. :smt102

The permanent number deal is so there are no duplicate #.
Also tell which Division you are in.
Plus weather running for points or not,
your name and postion will show up on the points list.
Helps getting threw tech, as the # is in there data base.
Just makes things simpler.
Plus they really don't cost that much
Plus they want your money!!!

Cal SST 1177

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wouldn't change anything. At any given National or Divisional you have between 6 and 10 classes running. Very few will be happy with everything contested. I was never into Comp. I didn't hate it, just wasn't into it. I have a good friend who bought a Comp. car and now I love it just because I took the time to learn about it. Hate .90 cars? Take the time to learn about them. Look at what goes into ratios and car set up so they can hit a .370 tree. Go watch the racing from the top end and look how close it is. Look on the bright side, if these's a class you don't like I gives you time to piss and eat.
^^^^^^^ this

·
Registered
63,675 Posts
Age old dilemma...the definition of compromise is where neither party is satisfied. Allow anything and those with the deepest pockets dominate...restrict everyone and fail to properly police policies and you have deep dissatisfaction in the ranks.

Days gone by are days gone by...this will never return as a "spectator" sport for the general public again.
Sadly, I have to agree.

I realize no one has talked about the nitro classes but they need to go back to the 1/4 mile F.L. --- years ago!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts