Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't the NHRA run any night races? Especially Saturday night races like the Cup Series. Maybe for the night races just have three rounds of qualifying on Friday and then have eliminations start at around 4:00pm on Saturday. Throw in some Jets and Fireworks to close out the night. I think a few night races would be really popular.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yea most of, if not all, the tracks that dont have noise ordinace rules run Friday night qualifying under the lights. Some have extra exhibition vehicles and fireworks. However, i dont recall much of exhbition vehicles in the last 5-10 years.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that there is some qualifying at night. I'm talking about Final Eliminations under the lights.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Probably because no one wants to work that late on a Sunday night, attendance would be down for those that work Monday morning, paying more of a premium for safety/medical personell, ESPN doesnt want to work that late and it would push TV time to Monday and "off the radar". Basically $$$ to No Happy Racers Allowed

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably because no one wants to work that late on a Sunday night, attendance would be down for those that work Monday morning, paying more of a premium for safety/medical personell, ESPN doesnt want to work that late and it would push TV time to Monday and "off the radar". Basically $$$ to No Happy Racers Allowed
You misunderstood me. I'm talking about shortening the event up. Run 3 rounds of qualifying on Friday and run the Finals Saturday night, not Sunday.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
I think they ran final eliminations at night at St. Louis for a few years....because the race was in the mid-summer.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I know that there is some qualifying at night. I'm talking about Final Eliminations under the lights.
ah . . .

yeah sunday is out of the question for the part-timers . . . got to head back to work.

It would be kind of cool to do 3 qualifiers on friday and finals on saturday but I don't know if that format would "work" any better.

NHRA would have to look at if they made any more money (which I doubt).

·
Registered
744 Posts
You misunderstood me. I'm talking about shortening the event up. Run 3 rounds of qualifying on Friday and run the Finals Saturday night, not Sunday.
Will never happen. The NHRA exec's will NEVER give up a whole day of admission fees...

Drag Racing needs a revolution, but that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice idea though...watching them run on fri nites at sears point is awesome, esp when John Force puts down one of his sig burnouts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts