Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Maybe this could be the start of Roush going to Pro Stock.....

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
:party

·
Registered
425 Posts
WELL, THERE YOU HAVE IT, CHRYSLER AND FORD ARE GETTING WITH THE PROGRAM WITH 2 BAD ASS CARS....WHERE THE HELL IS GM??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I GUESS 2009 WILL BE A CHRYSLER AND FORD BATTLE WITH GM SUCKING HIND TIT! I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Wow, talk about a story lacking facts! What about the Carrol Shelby 1967 mustang? That was the first vehicle.
I believe those are still considered a "Ford", of course you could get away with a lot more back then. Then again maybe they are not NHRA legal for Stock and Super Stock??

With today's emissions laws the only way for Roush to sell the car is to become the manufacture of record and and take responsibility for emissions compliance.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
WHERE THE HELL IS GM??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
quote]

Easy there Dodge boy. Didn't you hear about the limited production L/88 Camaro? Iron block aluminum head 427 LSX based coming to a dragstrip near you!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fords Only
4,041 Posts
The rules in SS read "no power adders" as well, I guess this was NHRA's small oversight???
no kidding, that discussion has been on going since the 03-04 cobras came out. Its interesting to see Roush get that car in when Ford has a spec non power adder car coming. I think its cool, but I am sure its gonna ruffle some feathers.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Feathers have already been ruffled, but the main concern is how NHRA is how well NHRA Tech is going to control the factored HP for these cars. No has really called for there removal, a lot of guys actually like the cars coming in, but the problem is correctly attributing a Factored HP rating suiting the potential performance of the cars. The current SS/A cars run 8.85-9.00's and the SS/B cars run 9.00-9.20's. If these cars debut running 8.50's, all hell is going to break lose. Quickest A car so far is Dave Thomas with an 8.69? in killer conditions. Going to be interesting how well NHRA teck manages this.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
no kidding, that discussion has been on going since the 03-04 cobras came out. Its interesting to see Roush get that car in when Ford has a spec non power adder car coming. I think its cool, but I am sure its gonna ruffle some feathers.

no the Ford car coming out for NHRA Stock will be a 5.4 supercharged car. Looks like Roush wants in on some of this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts