·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
i wouldnt miss etown one bit.
Havent been back in years and wouldnt care one way or the other.
it would mean more racers to invade island and lebanon valley and Atco. which would really suck.

Keep it open for the locals and southern NJ boys.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
The only thing I liked about E-Town, was it is at sea level. It makes for some great "Mine Shaft" air for making power in the spring and fall.

Last time I raced there in 1998 they checked all of our coolers for alcohol and took all our daum beer, even the hot cases we had.... (We were there for a NHRA race)
and said we could get it back Sunday evening (The beer never made it back to us.....go figure).

That was the last time I went, and the last time I will ever go there again period !!!!!

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
The only thing I liked about E-Town, was it is at sea level. It makes for some great "Mine Shaft" air for making power in the spring and fall.

Last time I raced there in 1998 they checked all of our coolers for alcohol and took all our daum beer, even the hot cases we had.... (We were there for a NHRA race)
and said we could get it back Sunday evening (The beer never made it back to us.....go figure).

That was the last time I went, and the last time I will ever go there again period !!!!!
epping is sea level too,fwiw.

·
Registered
811 Posts
The rumors of the sale are just that, rumors and the same bullshit every year. And the Epping event is great but Englishtown is one of the original NHRA national events so I wouldn't expect it to go anywhere, anytime soon. People could look into stuff too much and I think this is one of those times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts