Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
TV time? It's on tape delay...

Right !!!! I don't see how the oil downs affect the programing, when the airing doesn't start until 4 hours after the event. If NHRA is pushing for more 'live' shows, then I'm all for it. If the television doesn't improve, then it sounds like a new revenue source.
And here's a thought....if programming runs long, have some pre-recorded sponsor highlights ready to roll on the live shows, to showcase some of the folks that pay the bills. And, if you can book the live coverage, don't be afraid to push the replay of the 2010 bowling coverage....if an oildown runs the event a little longer than planned.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Revenue is down in NHRA , time to make some of it back I guess . What about the increased entry fees for sportsman racers due to the increased insurance rates . The cost of racing goes up and the purse remains the same for most classes . :-Shower< NHRA brass to the sportsman racers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
“Our hope and desire is to neither collect fines nor levy any penalties on the racing community,”....LOL thats a joke.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,915 Posts
What a crock of crap.

Sounds like NHRA is trying to make the racers pay for their "additional trackside clean-up equipment".

"NHRA has invested in additional trackside clean-up equipment" was mentioned 5 times in the first few paragraphs.......

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
This is why they are turning into a "Bull Shit" series. Let's keep finning race so they can't aford to race. They are not live shows so they don't slow down tv time. Hey they might start making u pay if you wreck too. Thay don't care about the sportsman racers either. Go ADRL or IHRA!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Its more than time for this - everyone suffers from these long oil downs - it turns an 8 hour day into a 11 or 12 hour day - and the sportsman races get fucked worse than usual -- Late in the year some of these guys were set up on NUCLEAR to try and get in the show for year end points - Vegas was a disaster, so tell me what is cheaper - setting the tune up a bit safe - and no engine carnage and no oil down fee - or going Blitzkrieg and blowing shit up?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Right !!!! I don't see how the oil downs affect the programing, when the airing doesn't start until 4 hours after the event. If NHRA is pushing for more 'live' shows, then I'm all for it. If the television doesn't improve, then it sounds like a new revenue source.
And here's a thought....if programming runs long, have some pre-recorded sponsor highlights ready to roll on the live shows, to showcase some of the folks that pay the bills. And, if you can book the live coverage, don't be afraid to push the replay of the 2010 bowling coverage....if an oildown runs the event a little longer than planned.
The best sound coverage i have ever heard, was the live feed from Santa Pod in the UK. The sound was like right out side the door. Oh and the guys that take still photo's,over there, have so much more details in there photo's . NHRA's coverage is lacking on so many fronts. They have no one to blame but them self's . They pay for TV coverage, so what you see is what they pay for. NHRA Dragracing a fringe sport at best. Never going to get large. With out large pay out at each event. TF car should be able to win the cost of running there car at the event taking in to account. Blowing up a engine every round, going to the final and taking the win. With a good check at the end of the day. Now that's big time racing. How long do you think NASCAR would last if they had the same pay out as NHRA. I love Dragracing so don't get me wrong. I have Been racing for over 15yrs. And going to the track for many more.

·
Super Rod 2413
1,347 Posts
I'm glad i don't race NHRA

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Look at the other side of this. Maybe it will make for better side by side races. If this forces the tuners to take just a little out of the tune then they won't smoke the tires so often and have more races to the finish line. I love the fuel cars but get tired of so many "solo" passes at the finish line.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is why they are turning into a "Bull Shit" series. Let's keep finning race so they can't aford to race. They are not live shows so they don't slow down tv time. Hey they might start making u pay if you wreck too. Thay don't care about the sportsman racers either. Go ADRL or IHRA!

I was told this 20 years ago by a friend that owned a business that did work for NHRA and also by the manager of Gainesville Raceway at the time. Now that Tom Compton and the rest of the board of directors failed at their attempt to sell the Powerade Series to HD Partners and guarantee themselves board positions running a professional only series, this has to be the latest attempt to rid themselves of the sportsman racers. If they can come up with enough increased fees, BS fines and hoops for the sportsman racers to jump through they will go away.

Another reason could be maybe they saw this coming at them.
http://www.capdale.com/files/upload/NHRAcomplaint.pdf

1 - 19 of 19 Posts