Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to know if running at the track with my NGK9 plugs with lower gap is that going to hurt my ET when im not using nitrous?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
With ours, the et & mph is negligible, but be mindful of how many runs and how you are running it, because ours loads up and fouls out quicker than -7.

·
Registered
728 Posts
With ours, the et & mph is negligible, but be mindful of how many runs and how you are running it, because ours loads up and fouls out quicker than -7.
It fouls out because it's too cold for the engine whenever you're not running nitrous. When you're running N/A the engine is not producing enough heat (HP) to burn the plug clean, so you're really just wasting a set of spark plugs on those particular days. The rule for spark plugs is basically to just run the coldest plug you can without fouling. And as far as the tight gap goes, I agree. You'll never see a difference on the time slip, and too small of a gap is always better than too wide.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
It fouls out because it's too cold for the engine whenever you're not running nitrous. When you're running N/A the engine is not producing enough heat (HP) to burn the plug clean, so you're really just wasting a set of spark plugs on those particular days. The rule for spark plugs is basically to just run the coldest plug you can without fouling. And as far as the tight gap goes, I agree. You'll never see a difference on the time slip, and too small of a gap is always better than too wide.
Understood. For us, it's only been an issue when not going down the track (i.e. moving the car around the shop, and starting and idling a bunch of times trying to figure out a trans issue).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts