Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Anyone that has dealt with the NFL on business to business terms is well aware. Also, they're whole operation is predicated on a "what have you done for us lately" attitude. They expect the teams to operate just the same. An article was recently published about the lack of wireless infrastructure in many of the stadiums and reminded me of a meeting I had with the Browns. They literally said "we don't have wireless yet because we don't want to pay for it". The NFL culture takes the meaning of "reciprocity" to a level not many will ever witness.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I heard on the radio today that the average cost of superbowl tickets are going from 1200 to over 2000. The reasoning is they want to cut out scalpers. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
There is a special section of the IRS code for tax exempt organizations, it's called 501C. There are several different types, most of what you hear about are 501C3 organizations (charities, churches, etc.) but there are many others. 501C6 is for "sports leagues" and the NFL, NHRA, I believe the NHL are all registered as non-profits under this section. Go to IRS.gov for more information.

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
I heard on the radio today that the average cost of superbowl tickets are going from 1200 to over 2000. The reasoning is they want to cut out scalpers. :rolleyes:
can u even get superbowl tickets . I live in south Florida where we have hosted 10 super bowl events . Tickets are very very very hard to get .!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
They're considered a trade group, looking out for the teams that play in their league. There is a bill in congress to fix this but it stands a snowballs chance in hell of getting passed.

·
Registered
744 Posts
can u even get superbowl tickets . I live in south Florida where we have hosted 10 super bowl events . Tickets are very very very hard to get .!!
you can get them, you just have to buy them on the secondary market where you will pay out the ass for them. More so now that they raised the price for them and scalpers will charge more for them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts