Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Yup, It's funny how Mr. Benett told us all not to ridicule Evan Knoll, but when the money dries up he's the first to print all the bad stuff and throw him under the bus. I guess true friendship is only as big as the checkbook.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i've known evan and brian for the better part of 10 yrs and they have always done right by me. with that being said what has he done wrong not paid the IRS BIG DEAL not paid his bills SO WHAT its all buissness its not like he was robbing banks or old ladies he got to big to fast and couldnt keep up with the paper"the road to success was paved with good intention"(or something like that) he did more for the sport of drag racing in 2 years than alot of people. keep the pockets full big fella and have a MOJITO on me
peace Tony

·
Registered
366 Posts
i've known evan and brian for the better part of 10 yrs and they have always done right by me. with that being said what has he done wrong not paid the IRS BIG DEAL not paid his bills SO WHAT its all buissness its not like he was robbing banks or old ladies he got to big to fast and couldnt keep up with the paper"the road to success was paved with good intention"(or something like that) he did more for the sport of drag racing in 2 years than alot of people. keep the pockets full big fella and have a MOJITO on me
peace Tony
I see where you are coming from and can respect that, sorta. But now that the shit has hit the fan for Evan it is everyone else's fault but his own. Not taking responsibility for what is going on and passing the blame is not the way to handle this.

·
Cry me a river
1,470 Posts
Wha he did wrong was take government grant money and blow it on vacations and hot rods . I will say thou evan was always a stand up guy to us and did us right . To bad it had to turn out this way

·
Registered
366 Posts
Another thing to think about too is what are the long term ramifications of this. Sure Knoll helped for a short while, but the down fall is what are these teams to do now? The teams that bought these millions of dollars of equipment on a payroll that wasn't there.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, It's funny how Mr. Benett told us all not to ridicule Evan Knoll, but when the money dries up he's the first to print all the bad stuff and throw him under the bus. I guess true friendship is only as big as the checkbook.
Come on Kelly he was NO WHERE EVEN in line to be the first....... I myself would stand by my sponsor until its not possible........ If you or I were jammed up we would want people to give us the benefit of doubt first

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
kinda like how to government steals money from us every year? I paid 35k in taxes last year and got 15 back. They stole 20k from me and I say good job Evan.
It's ok for them to do it to us because they call it Income Tax

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I feel bad for him. I only met him once a few years ago so I can't say I really know him but he did seem pretty cool. I have a feeling he never saw it coming until it was too late. Any business can bite you in the ass and as fast as his was growing it would have taken several good managers to keep it under control. It doesn't appear that he had that and it all got out of control. He's done a lot for racing and I can't believe this was deliberate so I'm not going to kick him when he's down. Just bad management. In the end he has to take responsibility. He can't blame employees. I wish him the best of luck with this mess.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I never met him, he never did a thing for me. I bought about 15 barrels of his gas for a reasonable price and it worked well for me. He screwed a bunch of racers I have met, sold some of them junk fuel and cost them more money, and then he went belly up, or so it seems, and my tax money and the tax money of the racers he screwed gets to cover that bill. Oh and lets not forget how this stand up guy ,as some of you called him, has blamed this on a mocked up head injury ,that probably never existed, and everyone who worked for him. Yep I'd say he's a stand up guy and I'd love to be employed by a person like that. Screw him and put your valuables away when he comes to visit you cause the SOB ain't welcome at my place. RM

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
kinda like how to government steals money from us every year? I paid 35k in taxes last year and got 15 back. They stole 20k from me and I say good job Evan.
It's ok for them to do it to us because they call it Income Tax
You would not be paying $20k a year in taxes if it was for big money pricks like Evan stealing 20 Million a year from the Federal Government. The shitty deal is this was all coming down back before PRI and Evan just let all the race teams think everything was cool when it wasn't. Then when they finally ran up all the credit cards they pulled the plug and a bunch of good ol boys like Clay Millican where left high and dry. I'm sure a lot of teams wished they had spent Nov, Dec , Jan fishing for a new gig.

·
Registered
546 Posts
peace Tony

Got to be one of the most rediculous statements I've read..

Guess we just don't care about all the teams he screwed and left holding the bag. Or the companies he didn't pay his bills to. They have employees and stockholders who suffered, not to mention his own employees who either don't or won't have a job anymore.

Sounds like a real piece of work to me.. :smt067

·
Registered
694 Posts
Kelly, for some reason you have an ax to grind with me as this is not the only snide comment you've made towards me. I challenge you on this board to show me one post I made as you accuse me of. On my board, of course, when Torco is my major sponsor I am not going to let people slam our sponsor.

You are right. Evan Knoll was good to me and I wish him nothing but the best in life and we still talk from time to time. But you are confused when you say I crap on him now that the wallet is not open.

I have a job to do and that is reporting the news, good, bad or indifferent. I may not like parts of my job, but I still have an obligation to do the job. I have reported fair and accurately throughout this situation and if you cannot accept that, I hate it for you.

I will continue to tell all sides of the story and let the readers decide.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts