Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed VP has C20 non oxygenated, and oxygenated HP100, MS109E (is that ethanol based? I remember the original MS109 was some nasty stuff to breathe and didnt make as much power as q16 in a 11:1 NA motor) and Performance Unleaded

Which one would make most power in a NA setup and which in a nitrous/boosted setup and is it a gas based or ethanol blend that would require enriching??

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and forgot about the Unleaded Extreme which the VP dealer here has but no info on VP site anymore other than 110 motor octane 111 research

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Weirdly...MS109 at MTBE a while back, then they changed to ETBE...then back to MTBE....

What was that all about ?

Some googling might suggest that could be part of the naming structure ? ie E does not containg MTBE.

Although the drums a friend got loaded with just stated MS109 in both cases. First batch were MTBE, with stickers to that effect, the second batch did not. It had a different part number, and the non MTBE stuff had a really pungent smell.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Weirdly...MS109 at MTBE a while back, then they changed to ETBE...then back to MTBE....

What was that all about ?
Just seen this. But they actually make both.

Use of MTBE fuels are restricted in some states. But from what I remember and talking to the fuel blenders at work, it's a much better oxygenate than ethanol.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lot of bike guys run the ms109 it seems, its been around 10-15 years at least. I never liked the stuff myself, E85 made more power

Im mostly interested in the newer fuels

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
So no one has any info on actualy using these fuels?
I haven't used any of the fuels listed, but I did run Shell URT Advanced at one point. They no longer sell it, but I think one of the unleaded Gulf fuels may be the same thing.

Overall, I liked the fuel. Plugs were a little hard to read, compared to leaded fuel.

My primary reason for switching to something else was convenience. A Sunoco dealer opened up a few miles from me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
With the Australian Federal Govt banning leaded racing fuels from 1st of July 2019, we have had Sunoco in the USA designing some Unleaded replacements for the current Leaded Fuels.

I can't speak for VP & ERC, but the Sunoco Fuels will be available worldwide, not just in Australia.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't used any of the fuels the OP listed, but I run Gulf Mach 116 unleaded with good results. I have a wideband in each bank, so the unleaded is a plus. This is a nitrous application so a non oxygenated fuel fits the bill too. Specific gravity is pretty close to pump fuel as well. Only downside is price.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have been looking for the SDS sheets for the Gulf 116 & Fuse HF 125 to see if they are what they are advertised as, anyone have any links?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts