Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55 chevy with a LS6 BBC , 400 turbo,4k stall, weighs 3900 w/driver. The car was mini tubbed and has a ladder bar c/o supension. The mounting at the rear end is at the middle hole, my question is what springs should I have? How can I tell what lbs they are? the car seems stiff on the street till I get some passengers in the backseat? How can I correct this or tell if I have the right hardware for my street strip 55? What do I ask for when ordering springs? Who's do you like? Thanks for the keystrokes :roll:

·
Registered
617 Posts
No expert, but a 175# spring supports a pretty heavy car. I run 130# springs on the rear and don't fully collapse them with the whole 3000 pounds on the rear suspension.

Springs are rated in psi of pressure per inch of compression. To test what you have now you just need to see how much weight it takes to compress one spring one inch. If you have a large press and even a bathroom scale will get you darn close.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I buy my springs from Alstons Chassisworks only because the shipping is reasonable and quick. I don't know who actually makes their springs but I've had no troubles with them. Give them a call and get a suggested spring rate for your car. Their tech line is pretty good to offer help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts