Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen generally,when you have achieved your best nos tune.Say you got a really good plug reading,car went fast,and say the air was @1500 rel.Then next meeting you got a rich plug reading and car went slower due to the air being @3500 rel.Would you tune in the bad air by the jet spread on the spray? Or would you tune in the bad air by the carbs main jet?? What would be the average rel air you guys would race in the US.Down here we get a on a good night @700 rel above.Is there like a given sum, as to how much faster you go as the air drops?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I wish I only had to deal with 1,500 feet to 3,500 feet. I normally spray at our local track which usually hovers around 8,500 feet DA during the summer. Spraying one system typically making about 1,450 corrected hp. Taken it down to a "good" track at 3,500 DA. Didn't have to change a thing. NA alone would have been a change but the nitrous creates it's own atmosphere, sort of, and compensates for it. I'm sure I could have made minor changes to maximize my tune-up, but it was clean...

I think if you get your nitrous tune right and you are not going to run naturally aspirated, then don't change the carb jetting. Just read plugs and make ajustments if needed on spray.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts