Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2nd time installing a nitrous kit on one of my cars.
This is a Edlebrock RPM performer plate on a carberated LS1. I ran a dedicated line from the cell to a holley HP125 to a reg and fpsw then to the plate. I also want to try out the nano setup instead of a heater. I also put a nos mini controller in for the larger shots.
I have a few small tweaks to do before I'm totally finished but this is pretty much it.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Clean ass ride man!

Shannon

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve, is the hobbs switch the activation switch?

I have another question also the nos mini works off of grounding items if I'm correct. It says in there that the retard output wire needs to be hooked to a grounded item. I have a msd 6ls ignition and the pink wire in the input for the retard but I think it is a 12v wire, not a ground.

Does this make any sense?

·
Super Moderator
12,124 Posts
Steve, is the hobbs switch the activation switch?

I have another question also the nos mini works off of grounding items if I'm correct. It says in there that the retard output wire needs to be hooked to a grounded item. I have a msd 6ls ignition and the pink wire in the input for the retard but I think it is a 12v wire, not a ground.

Does this make any sense?
No the hobbs is supposed to be a low fuel pressure safety switch.. In the evnt the fuel pressure goes lower then the pre set setting on the switch, it turns the system off. What commonly happens is the pressure switch is set to close to system pressure and low pressure spikes turn it off, and then the pressure builds back up rapidly, then back on, and then sometimes back off and there's sometimes like a harmonics that starts and the next thing you know the car goes surging down the track... :(

If I were going to ever use one, I would be more likely to mount it back by the pump so if the pump is not turned on or quits, then the system would not turn on.. Hope this helps.. SJ

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it does. Thanks. I will keep that in mind when we start spraying it. I could move it back by the pump I guess. I could see were that would catch the failure right at the pump if that should ever happen.

Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I have the fpss set at 5psi and the regulator set at 5 psi it may shut down easily?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts