Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i broke down and put on a slip-on. It was incredible. the weight savings and the way the bike responds is unreal. I also did the pair valve mod to get rid of the backfire popping all good. I have to weigh everything, but i think it will be close to a 20 lb reduction.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gotta love a blue zuk.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well all i know is that the bike bike would pop and backfire on decceleration after the slipon install.Its a pretty common problem with after market exhaust. There is a valve that sucks air or something like that in the airbox. I plugged the hole and it all stopped. All has to do with emissions.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've done that mod on a few bikes. They usually have a passage in the head from the exhaust port to a reed valve going to the air box that allows air to drawn in to the exhaust for the purpose of combusting any unburnt fuel.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The factory 4-1 header seems to be sufficient plus there is the exhaust control valve to deal with, as well as the codes after and all the bs that goes along with it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The factory 4-1 header seems to be sufficient plus there is the exhaust control valve to deal with, as well as the codes after and all the bs that goes along with it.
The stock front half isn't that good and there's easy ways around the exhaust valve and codes. You should have talked with a good shop before you spent your money.

·
Registered
197 Posts
to get rid of the exhaust valve which I am guessing is a servo you can wire in some resistors to the stock plug and it will remove any FI lights your bike may be throwing because the removal of the servo. Thats what I did on my CBR when I put my full race exhaust on. Good luck. Enjoy the new upgrades!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts