Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you swap out a yoke on an 8.8 without changing the crush sleeve I got a new drive shaft that takes 1350 u joints and got a strange yoke. Or is it when you take the nut loose you need a new crush sleeve?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
If you can check pinion preload yes it can be done. I will probably get bashed but I never use a new crush sleeve unless it is damaged. I can't count how many i've done this way with no come backs just determine proper pinion depth set proper rotational preload and let it eat.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you reuse the same bearings and all you can as long as you sneak up on it to the point of the correct preload. Don't want to go past that point and overtighten it. But you don't want to do that with a new one either.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks nothing is changing but the yoke was hoping I didn't have to pull the rear end apart to do this

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
just tighnen that nut good !! with out cranking the hell out of it and check back lash to make sure you dont overtighten with a air impact gun..(dont keep hammering on it with gun)

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Good luck with it

I would pull it appart and put a solid spacer in it so you don't have to mess with it ever again.

When I had stick in the car it damaged the sleve put a solid in it 10 years ago.

Tim

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
count how many turns you made to get it off, put red loctite on it and do the same putting it back, after measuring the thru hole on the yokes to determine they are the same. . . otherwise you need to adjust that how many turns . . . Or you can check the preload which will be kinda jumpy with the carrier in place, and try and set it right back to what you read. . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts