Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but didn't see it anywhere, so if it's a repost, then it's a repost. Anyway, I'd say Marvin has just about outdone himself with this one. All I can say is WOW!

http://www.bridgeracing.com/turbo_fox_mustang_marshall.htm <---the whole build

Check out the whole build, but here's a taste:

Gotta be one of the coolest builds I've ever seen, and from the look of that cooling system, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's a street car. Hats off to Marvin. Awesome work!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Wasn't Tom Heatleys 4th gen camaro setup about the same way?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I don't either. I just remember the inlets being in the b pillar.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i hate to be the one to ask this but have you guy's ever seen the exhuast side of a turbo come apart i would not won't to be the driver in that car. i'v seen one come apart it went thru the rim and blew a hole in a steel gard rail. if the blades were headed side to side its better but yours are headed front to back just so you know. that alum cover you have is not going to stop much. sorry to be the barer of bad news.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i hate to be the one to ask this but have you guy's ever seen the exhuast side of a turbo come apart i would not won't to be the driver in that car. i'v seen one come apart it went thru the rim and blew a hole in a steel gard rail. if the blades were headed side to side its better but yours are headed front to back just so you know. that alum cover you have is not going to stop much. sorry to be the barer of bad news.
It's not my car. I was merely admiring the work. However, the same thought did occur to me as well. The exhaust wheel spinning at somewhere between 75000 and 130000 RPM would literally cut the driver in half. However, a thick steel plate between the exhaust housing and the back of the seat would probably be enough to at least deflect the damage away from the driver.

·
yep its a BBC !!!!!
1,570 Posts

Yeah thats what i was thinking too, i saw one a couple years ago at milan dragway, i believe his name is greg blevins? hes on here i know that, wild colored new edge mustang 10.5 outlaw car. I know it did some serious damage and flatend all his tires.

Still a pretty cool looking setup though and a lot of great fab work.

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,678 Posts
I was at Milan drag way when Blevins had an impeller let loose. It almost severed the lower control arm in two pieces on Gregs car, bounced off the track and went right thru the a-pillar of the car in the other lane!
I'd have Kevlar ballistic blankets on both sides of any turbo car.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Look at all that "innovation". Surely no one has ever...ever...EVER! thought about running a set up like that.

Oh wait...yeah, then there is this guy that has been running this setup forever...LOL! :p

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look at all that "innovation". Surely no one has ever...ever...EVER! thought about running a set up like that.

Oh wait...yeah, then there is this guy that has been running this setup forever...LOL! :p
I never claimed it's never been done. I just thought it was different. Not something you see every day.

Hey I know, maybe I should have titled the thread "post up all the cars you know like this one", just in case there are zillions of em' I didn't know about. :axe:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
hell run the ac in the car and ya have cooler air temps!?huh huh? lol.thats out of the box way its covered.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts