Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ill try to make this as short as possible... bought a used turbo (chinese gt45 that people have good luck with) about a year ago, finally finished the build a few months ago and the turbo spun free (could flick the blades with your finger and it would spin easy), well i finally started it for the first time a few months ago and it still spun fine, so i havent checked it in awhile but i try to start it every 2 weeks or so just for a little (mainly moving it out of the garage, because its not tuned yet) well tonight i was checking things to make sure nothing was leaking and i stuck my hand into the compressor side and i could NOT get the damn thing to spin. So i took my downpipe off and put a ratchet on the turbine blade bolt and spun it for a few minutes. Now it is much easier to spin, but still not like before, i can spin it but it still has some resistance, and when i let go it stops, doesnt keep spinning AT ALL.

So what happened? Sitting to long? Drain not good enough and fucked up the bearings? Turbo just went to shit? lol help me out guys.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Coked bearing possibly

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
That does suck, but the silver lining in all this... you get to buy a quality turbo now

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be moisture, i mean the car has been sitting a LONG time now, and the downpipe has been dripping water while its running... im going to try to let it run a little longer today and verify that the wheels are spinning, and maybe it will free it back up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i can spin it by hand with little resistance.

But, i just went out and started it and had someone watch the turbine wheel (downpipe off obviously) and the wheel does not turn.... it will turn like a tiny bit and stop and then do nothing, and thats revving the car to 2k - 2.5k rpm.

Guess the turbo is coming off now -.-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts