Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens when a dealership mounts a plow on a new truck to the factory warranty??.:confused:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
i worked at a place that had a truck with a plow. they tried to deny the claim. the boss told them you guys put the thing on. the warrenty claim was honored. the dealership I worked at pretty much approved everything. they didn't want to piss the people off. even when it was obvious it was the owners fault.they had a grand am come in with a supercharger. they told they guy he would have to pay them to remove it so it could be covered under warrenty.

·
Registered
15,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious how that is handled.

I know there is no way in hell I'll ever buy a used truck that was used to plow.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
This may be the reason they offer snow plow prep packages. Some may not believe it but my 93 Dodge Cummins moves snow 100% better than our 03 duramax and it's a lot faster in reverse lol

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
i worked at a place that had a truck with a plow. they tried to deny the claim. the boss told them you guys put the thing on. the warrenty claim was honored. the dealership I worked at pretty much approved everything. they didn't want to piss the people off. even when it was obvious it was the owners fault.they had a grand am come in with a supercharger. they told they guy he would have to pay them to remove it so it could be covered under warrenty.
THIS....Worked at a Ford Store...Guy buys new 6.7 and have to put a HS tuner, delete the cat, download tunes, put ready lift in truck etc etc etc.. Don't make nothing doing it as a tech but hey they sold the truck!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I spent 23 years working as a tech in ford dealerships. the new trucks you see on dealer lots with plows will have the full factory warranty. if you buy a truck and add a plow, the plow and associated parts are not warranted through the dealer but the truck still is unless the install of the plow caused the problem ie poor workmanship or plow is to big for the truck. damage from plowing is not warrantable. extended warranties will have disclaimers that they will not cover vehicles with plows unless upgrade the coverage to cover a plow truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts