Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to pull the trigger on new trailer any one heard anything about the forest river brand ....pricing is as good as other with more options???

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dan forest river and cargo mate are same company like ford and lincoln/mercury. I have a cargomate i bought in 08 love the quality/price/fit/finish and the accesorries they gave me. Im in your area pm me if you want to talk with the guy i ordered mine from here in chicago burbs. he was 2500.00 cheaper than the best deal i could get on same trail through race junk-- and i called and spoke with 9 dealers on the smae build of trailer.
Bob

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks pm sent

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your looking for midgrade trailer just to go racing with they are fine. I looked at them before buying a new trailer a month and half ago.
what would be the next step up looking at 32' loaded..

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dan im in New lenox if you want to see mine its a 32' smooth side--no rivets/polished rear door. finished inside/out alum/carpet walls coin rubber floors/radio/alum cabinents etc.

·
Registered
592 Posts
ive got one for sale on Racing Junk that i bought new in 08. its as nice as they come im just upgrading to a livingquarters trailer add number is 1882088 if your interested...

·
Lord of Lords
4,161 Posts
I have a CargoMate eliminator trailer fully loaded and I wouldn't consider this a mid-grade trailer at all, not a Renegade or Featherlite, but definately top notch. I'm very happy with mine.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive got one for sale on Racing Junk that i bought new in 08. its as nice as they come im just upgrading to a livingquarters trailer add number is 1882088 if your interested...
i'll look now...

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
I bought a new Continental Cargo - by Forest River, last year. Smooth sides, finished inside, rubber flooring, aluminum frame.
They are nice.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
what would be the next step up looking at 32' loaded..

Something Vintage, Interstate or the higher end United stuff (not a UXT). Looking at all them from frames to finish, there was a reason I went with a Interstate, none of this 6" beams for trailer frames, 16" o/c floors, full length inside (they dont call it a 32 and make it 31ft 6" inside like most) Also welds ... it flat amazes me how shitty the welding is at some of these places, no wonder they come apart.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
When we checked out trailers a while back, I loved the Forest River. Comparing to Vintage and car trailers like that is apples and oranges. Vintage is built to be practical for a racer....living quarters have the necessary items, no cushy comfort, but the garage space is great. If the wife is going and wants to be comfortable, the Forest River is the way to go. If it just you and your buddies, a Vintage type set up will do you just fine.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
One of good friends just bought a Forest River. He has raved about it, like no other trailer he's had before. He's even toying with the idea of being a distributor for them, he likes them so much.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
When I purchased mine a couple of years ago I looked at several trailers. I am like everyone else I wanted price and I wanted it to look good. I soon found out that a lot of the trailers that were real pretty were not built very well. Really did not want to trust a expensive race car in one. I went with Interstate 1. These guys did me one hell of a job for a good price. I have a 50' gooseneck with living quarters. Interstate did the trailer double duty did the living area. Interstate 1 is a very well built trailer and does not look bad at all. The job they did on the cargo area is the best I have seen. The quality is second to none. I worked with the VP his name is Doug and he ran mini sprints so he knows what it takes. They really can lay one out for you. I would give them a call 269-483-7641

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered new 32' forest river from hillwood...Great price and service...Thanks for all your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts