Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Sweet. They look good together!!! I never know what is a good price or a shitty price at the gun shows.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet. They look good together!!! I never know what is a good price or a shitty price at the gun shows.

yea there is a lot of over price chit out there. i usually do a lot of internet searching to get a good idea what its going for before i go.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I would like to save up and get a barret sniper rifle but I will stick with my brownings for now.... The first brand new gun I ever bought was a Browning Medallion and now they don't make it in that caliber. I'm sure it isn't worth to much now but I won't shoot it and maybe it will be worth some money someday... Not like retiring money but more then what I paid for it.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
an iphone with internet (gunbroker has an app) is a really good way to check prices...

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
lol i have no idea wtf happened there.:rolleyes: must be fat finger syndrome.
LOL, I was looking at that word sideways,,trying to figure out wtf?? is that. Thought it was a custom mod or something.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Can't beat a 10/22, they are the buyers choice for a really good 22.

Burris makes good stuff. If I was to buy a scope again it would be one of those. I used some of the Burris Signature Zee (weaver base) rings with the plastic inserts on my new 22 mag scope. Top quality stuff with no lapping of the caps or any of that crap.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't beat a 10/22, they are the buyers choice for a really good 22.

Burris makes good stuff. If I was to buy a scope again it would be one of those. I used some of the Burris Signature Zee (weaver base) rings with the plastic inserts on my new 22 mag scope. Top quality stuff with no lapping of the caps or any of that crap.

the one i got was the fullfield 2 with the ballistic plex. i was surprised to see they had a listing for the .22 lr. i cant wait to go to the range and see how it shoots.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

My new Savage 93BV 22 mag Heavy barrel, with a Mueller Hybrid 3x9x40 extended eye relief, Burris Zee's, Butler Creek flip up covers, and I added a Limbsaver 1" butt pad due to the length of pull being a bit short for me with the syn stock. Got it dialed in now to 100 yds with Hornady ballistic tip 30gr. I have put about 200-300 rounds thru it,,and it just keeps getting better. ;)

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My new Savage 93BV 22 mag Heavy barrel, with a Mueller Hybrid 3x9x40 extended eye relief, Burris Zee's, Butler Creek flip up covers, and I added a Limbsaver 1" butt pad due to the length of pull being a bit short for me with the syn stock. Got it dialed in now to 100 yds with Hornady ballistic tip 30gr. I have put about 200-300 rounds thru it,,and it just keeps getting better. ;)
looks sweet. i am headed to the range in little bit. its only a 35 yrd range so i will have to wait to test out the long range side of the house. how do you like the 22 wmr ammo over the 22 lr? i have never shoot much rim fire stuff.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
how do you like the 22 wmr ammo over the 22 lr? i have never shoot much rim fire stuff.
Oh, you'l luv the 22 lr stuff,,it is a kick and much cheaper than 22Mag. Buy some extra clips and another 550 box of ammo, it's going to be needed soon.;) The only downside to a semi auto is that you wizz thru ammo.

I went with the 22mag just due to its better down range power. Around here we have Ruff and Blue grouse to shoot when they are in season,,so we slow creep the logging roads, hoping to catch one lingering/ eating on the edges, easy to nip there head off with a 22Mag or 22lr. Also good for the wayward song dog or deer when they are in season.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, you'l luv the 22 lr stuff,,it is a kick and much cheaper than 22Mag. Buy some extra clips and another 550 box of ammo, it's going to be needed soon.;) The only downside to a semi auto is that you wizz thru ammo.

I went with the 22mag just due to its better down range power. Around here we have Ruff and Blue grouse to shoot when they are in season,,so we slow creep the logging roads, hoping to catch one lingering/ eating on the edges, easy to nip there head off with a 22Mag or 22lr. Also good for the wayward song dog or deer when they are in season.
i got a extra 25 rd clip. i saw a 50rd drum at the gun show a few months ago. i can see a need to buy ammo in bulk with this thing.:smt067

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Lucky for you,,22LR ammo is getting produced at a greater rate than just recently.. more choices, availibility,ect. This passing winter it was a PITB to find any 22 ammo, and when you did, it was a rediculous price per box.

Watch those 50rd mags,,youll scorch the barrell out. I would stick to the 25's or so, plenty of rounds.

The CCI Maxi-mag ammo has a good bearing surface, and it works for me as far as 22lr accuracy. not horribly priced either. You can get match grade euro ammo, for hyper accuracy,,but it cost more.

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucky for you,,22LR ammo is getting produced at a greater rate than just recently.. more choices, availibility,ect. This passing winter it was a PITB to find any 22 ammo, and when you did, it was a rediculous price per box.

Watch those 50rd mags,,youll scorch the barrell out. I would stick to the 25's or so, plenty of rounds.

The CCI Maxi-mag ammo has a good bearing surface, and it works for me as far as 22lr accuracy. not horribly priced either. You can get match grade euro ammo, for hyper accuracy,,but it cost more.

thanks for the heads up on the drum. i picked some winchester 37 gr high velocity. i will look for some cci to see how they compare.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts