Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
A Fine Example For Others
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived today all the way from Europe. This Devilbiss spray gun (FLG-5) is not sold in the states. This is a very good spray gun that many in the states don't no about. It is reasonable priced and lays down paint beautiful.

·
Smuck
4,881 Posts
Why is it not available here?

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why is it not available here?
That's a good question, and I don't have an answer. I do know that this Devilbiss gun is made in Brazil and sold thru out the European countries as well as Australia. Pretty popular spray gun over there. I did a lot of research on this gun and a some professional painters use them. They are a very bland looking gun without all the "flash" of today's spay guns.

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Compared to a good Sata or Iwata that gun is a pile of shit.

Oh so you've used this gun?

This professional painter would disagree with you. If you'd like I can post other videos of professional painters who use this spray gun.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

This professional painter would disagree with you. If you'd like I can post other videos of professional painters who use this spray gun.

Not a fair example.

I can post professional painters that use the $9 harbor freight gun.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts

The Gunman has videos of him using damn near every gun ever made.
Call him up and ask him which he uses daily?
Nice try moron.

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a fair example.

I can post professional painters that use the $9 harbor freight gun.
Many do use a Harbor Freight gun or cheap $20-$30 dollar guns from Amazon to shoot primer. Primer fucks up spray guns so why pay big bucks for a gun you'll destroy painting primer. Not me anyways.

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Gunman has videos of him using damn near every gun ever made.
Call him up and ask him which he uses daily?
Nice try moron.
So you've used the Devilbiss FLG-5?

Is this what your basing your opinion on?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Never heard that actually. Do you know the reason behind that? Or is it just careless users that don't clean it properly after primer?

And why it's Fontaine so upset with your spray gun choice lol

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never heard that actually. Do you know the reason behind that? Or is it just careless users that don't clean it properly after primer?

And why it's Fontaine so upset with your spray gun choice lol
It's just the nature of the beast when using high build primers. I'm a member on a automotive paint website and they recommend using cheap spray guns for shooting high build primers.

As far as Fontaine, I don't know. Maybe he's just an asshole.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Because high dollar base/clear guns dont come with 1.8 - 2.0 caps and if they did it would be a waste of money. $100 guns are fine for primer/surfacer/sealer. They suck for base/clear.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'll stick to my Supernova for clear. Makes me look like a better painter than I am. My other Iwata Bellaria 1.4 is an awesome base gun. I have a few HF guns for 2k, and I have been using an Air Gunsa gun for epoxy.

·
38,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Because high dollar base/clear guns dont come with 1.8 - 2.0 caps and if they did it would be a waste of money. $100 guns are fine for primer/surfacer/sealer. They suck for base/clear.
Well thank God this wasn't a $100.00 dollar gun.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts