Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Number 1..

Get 632 cubic inches out of your head. Theres no need. Youre wasting perfectly good cylinder wall taking a new dart block to 4.600.
A 4.5 arm screws you. Rod angle sucks and it will beat the hell out of everything in the bottom end.

Back your cubic inches down to 540-572...preferably 540.

Put a 350ish cc head on it.

Edelbrock SV632 intake.

Pair of Borg warner S480 turbos.

Rick Prospero went 8oh's at 175+ on a stock block'd 468 with a pair of these.... in a 4200 pound car.. on leaf springs...

Theres no need to get stupid here. A twin 80mm'd 540 with the right pieces is a 7.90 capable combination every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Once before you drive the car to Church...once after.
Regarding the cubic inch selection,
How about if ur aiming for faster times ie. low 7 high 6s?
Same opinion? (ofcourse I'm talking about aftermarket blocks)

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Regarding the cubic inch selection,
How about if ur aiming for faster times ie. low 7 high 6s?
Same opinion? (ofcourse I'm talking about aftermarket blocks)
On engine size...yea. just put bigger turbos on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
8.5:1 is a good range to start dude soo you can run more boost no sense in buying a huge turbo and running low boost.. Doesnt make any sense..

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Number 1..

Get 632 cubic inches out of your head. Theres no need. Youre wasting perfectly good cylinder wall taking a new dart block to 4.600.
A 4.5 arm screws you. Rod angle sucks and it will beat the hell out of everything in the bottom end.

Back your cubic inches down to 540-572...preferably 540.

Put a 350ish cc head on it.

Edelbrock SV632 intake.

Pair of Borg warner S480 turbos.

Rick Prospero went 8oh's at 175+ on a stock block'd 468 with a pair of these.... in a 4200 pound car.. on leaf springs...

Theres no need to get stupid here. A twin 80mm'd 540 with the right pieces is a 7.90 capable combination every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Once before you drive the car to Church...once after.

I agree with this. A big motor like that is a waste for what your wanting to do. Hell we run a short deck 509 cubic in bbc with afr357's, small (.760 lift)cam, 10-1 comp, with twin 88's and just ran [email protected] on 275 radials at 3300#. So unless your planning on making 3500+hp your wasting a good chance to build a great setup. Big turbo motors have major disadvantages up until a certain point which is waaaayyyyyy up in power.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I would do the 540 with a single 118 simply cause a 118 looks badass and sounds like hell on earth
Put compression at 9.5 and drive it everyday
No need for radical cams or crazy springs so maintainance should be minimal
I would throw out the idea of blow thru cause I hate carbs
Efi works every time and about the same money when you buy everythingnew
This is a much better option!!:party

Id still go with around 500 inches myself

21 - 28 of 28 Posts