Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup yall, im fixing to venture into my best buddy and I's first turbo ls build. Kinda following the "dont bs me" build from sloppy mechanics with a few items changed. My big question is about the camshaft. I called Texas Speed and asked if the "bald eagle" cleetus cam would work good in a 5.3. they suggested their 224/228 .600/.600 cam. Has anyone run this in their turbo 5.3 build? Truck will be a max of 600whp build in the very end, as its going to be both of our first 400+whp vehicle and will be running on low boost until we get comfortable turning it up more. Combo is a head studded 5.3 with ls9 head gaskets, billet 7875 turbo, 4l80 with a 32-3500 stall, 12 bolt rear end with 3.73s(will eventually go to a 3.27 or 3.42 gear), 315 drag radial, in a 76 c10. Thanks for the input! also will be running a holley terminator x max if that helps out

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Use the stick cam at that power level. Least headache and cost and will probably work better than bigger cams

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^^^^^ tempname, I don't disagree, but it won't be low boost or only 400 HP for long! :p

Call Lil John @ litjohnsmotorsports.com, he will have the best camshaft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts