Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking and searching for a couple of months and I have questions particular to my setup.

I have an older Cheater system that I'm putting on my Chevelle. Currently I have a stock 3/8" fuel pickup/sending unit in the tank but I had a return line installed in it for my electric fuel pump's return line. From the pickup I have 1' of 3/8" fuel line going into a fram fuel filter which 3/8" inlet and outlet. From the fuel filter to the fuel pump it's a double male 3/8" NPT. (The fuel pump is a Holley Blue.) From the pump to the Holley regulator is all 1/2" aluminum line. From both sides of the regulator to the carb bowls it 3/8" lines.

I'm planning on running 75 shot until I get comfortable and then a 100 shot. I may even push a 150 shot in a couple of months. My goal is 11.5's. Without the Nitrous I'm running 12.4 at Fontana.

My filter is like this one:

My Pump and reg are like these:

My questions are:
1. Do I need to upgrade my fuel pickup/sending unit to 1/2"?

2. Do I need to upgrade to a 1/2" line between the tank and the filter?

3. Should I be fine running a "T" to the first regulator (for the nitrous solenoid) and then ending the line in the second regulator for the carb?

4. What part of the fuel system should I install my fuel pressure gauge? Right now it's after the reg on the line to the front carb bowl.

Here's the details on my car:
-Full steel body except the 3.5" cowl ind. hood (3500lbs)
-15x5 and 15x8 Weld Draglites
-275x60R 15 Mickey T. ET Drag Radials
-4.10 Posi rear
-T400 with shift kit, Ratchet shifter, 3500 stall
-396 BBC (.060 over)
-Stock Oval Port Heads
-Holley 850, Performer RPM intake manifold, K&N air filter
-Headmen headers (1.75" primary, 3" collectors)
-3" exhaust, 3" H-pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters
-9.5.1 Forged pistons
-Poly bushings front and rear
-Cam specs:Gross Valve Lift 0.520 0.520, Duration At 0.006 Tappet Lift 280 280
-MSD Digital 6 ignition (w/progamable retard)

Thanks,
Richard

·
Super Moderator
12,192 Posts
Myself, I think you would be borderline and pushing the stock 3/8 pick up. I would go to a 1/2" and know you have enough..

This being said, I would also upgrade the supply line from the tank to the filter to 1/2" as well

If I understand you correctly you want to "T" the 1/2" line at the front and feed your carb reg on one side and the nitrous reg on the other. If this is the case, your OK..

I would say your existing gauge is fine where its at, but you'll need to be able to set you flowing fuel pressure for the nitrous with something like this..

http://www.induction-solutions.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=124

Thanks and hope this helps.. Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I'm going to do the 1/2" upgrades as soon as I burn the fuel out of my tank.

After reading some more posts. I want to upgrade to a Holley Black fuel pump too.

I like your website and what you're selling. It's saved in my "Favorites" now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts