Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 383 sbc, runs 125mph.

Hollet blue pump.....If I put a high flow Y and run one side to my carb regulator and on to my nitrous will the pump be big enough for a 100 or a 150 shot?

And how much mph would I gain? I would like to see a 9 anything before the end of the year

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
No I think just on motor you need more pump. What size line are you running? Keep the regulator and can the pump or us this system for your N20 only and build a 2nd system for the motor only. I only us Blue pumps for N2O systems and MagnaFuel for engine side system. Good luck if you can get a high 10 N/A a 150 shot should go high 9s at 135-137ish MPH.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I think just on motor you need more pump. What size line are you running? Keep the regulator and can the pump or us this system for your N20 only and build a 2nd system for the motor only. I only us Blue pumps for N2O systems and MagnaFuel for engine side system. Good luck if you can get a high 10 N/A a 150 shot should go high 9s at 135-137ish MPH.
It allready runs on motor.

I have a -8 supply right now, also only have a 750 hp carb.

It was all thrown together with leftovers for the most part, but I would like to see a 9 out of it before theend of the season. I figure 135 mph will do it

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
It allready runs on motor.

I have a -8 supply right now, also only have a 750 hp carb.

It was all thrown together with leftovers for the most part, but I would like to see a 9 out of it before theend of the season. I figure 135 mph will do it
Some people have all the luck:(, if I ran my shit that way it would burn down just my .02$. What does it run for a 1/4 time?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have bn 10.08 at 130 with two blue pumps y'd together through 1/2 and #8 to the front. I am upgrading so I have stuff for sale.
Let me know, I am on a pityful budget here.

Probly have to roll up soime pennies.

I am going to run it again sat. hopfully get better motor passes than a 10.80...... In good air I think it will do alot better, Its been a bad season with this thing and I would just like to see a 9 before I take it down for the winter.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
at least put a blue or even a better one of there hp series pumps on it just for the nitrous, but you will probably have to run a very small bypass to keep the pressure from creeping up look here else where in this section for the bypass /air bleed setup

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I was running a single blue pump on a bbc with a 150 shot. I ran 9.70's with it and no problems. Whith that being said I now know better, buy a good pump or add a seperate pump for the nitrous.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 holley blacks, 2 coils of 1/2 alu line, 2 holley regs and you are good to good, thats as cheap as it gets, low budget. that set up will feed 850hp easy.
I have the engine allready plumbed and running, I may just leave that and run another line for the nitrous and a seperate regulator.

I realize its less than ideal but I need at least one single digit pass out of this thing.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can run the -8 line I've gone low 9's on it but you need to have another pump for the nos. As was stated before plum another blue pump in and a second reg. for the n2o. Or you could go buy a pump that will support it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I ran a 10.80 with one blue pump on a 355 sbc. I T'd off of the regulator and shot it with 180 and it went [email protected] all on one blue pump. It would have been quicker, but that was with a 4.56 gear, it was screaming!! Not saying I'd make a habit out of it, but if you're just doing it once or twice, watch the fuel pressure!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I hear all this noise about running these MEGA HUGE pumps, but I run two 15+ y/o blues on the engine side of my 588 w/ two 1200's on a tunnel ram and took it out last w/e and made an all motor pass watching the a/f and didn't see any issues, now I don't monitor the fuel pressure, but I did check the flowing pressure w/ a 110 jet and it held up strong.

With that said, you "may" be able to pull it off w/ that one pump, but your gonna have to flow it to see how it holds up, also watch those a/f numbers... I KNOW this is not optimum, but in the real world people have done worse and gotten away with it.. Just pay attention.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
"..a true hotrodder would'nt be content untill he had created a car so violent, so totally sick that the act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster. " Tony DeFeo

NOW THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE.... thanks

still busting up.......lol

·
Registered
15,979 Posts
Most people don't want to spend money they don't have to but running nitrous with a marginal fuel pump to save money is like paying 50 dollars to have anal sex with a crack whore and using a baggy for a condom to save 25 cents.....:smt118

1 - 20 of 20 Posts