Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting ready to run my new combo which is a 9:1 compression 518 BBC with CnC 365cfm BB2xtra heads and solid roller cam with 729lift. Running on E85 and looking to spin the motor to 7000rpms to achieve a 15lb to 20lb boost range . CSU dual. needle and seat carb and shooting for around 1500hp at the motor.

I'm sure a few of you are running a similar set up and wanting to see what boost numbers you guys are seeing?

Blower pulley is a 48 and crank pulley is a 66. with a 5.4 step up ratio those pulley put me a 52,000 blower RPM's at 7,000 Engine RPM's

I know a few other variables can change the boost but with the given size engine, blower speed, heads etc

Let me know if you need anymore info. Unfortunately I don't know the cam lobe seperation

·
Registered
20,854 Posts
Are trying to race a 5:30 or 4:70 bracket?
Odd that you want 1500 hp and 7k while running some pretty good engine stuff.
You must be stock block - 1500 and 7k otherwise your heads are laughing at the F2.😁

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are trying to race a 5:30 or 4:70 bracket?
Odd that you want 1500 hp and 7k while running some pretty good engine stuff.
You must be stock block - 1500 and 7k otherwise your heads are laughing at the F2.😁
Im not sure what I'll end up doing with it but my goal right now is to get the car hooking up and keeping the power to the ground. Its a small tire 28x10.5 full interior 3700lb street car. promod gear vendor and 3.55 gears so driving 75mph on the freeway has been nice to car shows or sonoma raceway since it's just 15 miles from where I live.

As far as only wanting to make 1500hp is because you're right its not a dart block or anything special. Its a bowtie 502 block with a eagle rods, eagle crank and Wiseco pistons. I can spin the motor higher with the 4 inch stroke but to be honest I'm not sure whats going to be easier on the motor. Run a smaller blower pulley and only spin the motor to 7k rpms, or run a few more teeth on the blower pulley and spin the motor to say 7500rpms?

I'm here to learn and have fun which has been the program. Manny

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To vague of a post? I was thinking id hear more back.. Hopefully the reason is less time online and more enjoying your rides. Cheers

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Id guess you would see 17-20lbs. I have a head that flows 75 more on a small block makes 33lbs at 62k with the f2

Traction is a rabbit hole to go down. Frontend setup, shocks, rearend set up, rear geometry, anti roll, converter, and good timing map provided you have a time or gear based timimg control?

Easiest place to start would be timing map. If its a street car and drives nice goin 75 down the highway it wont murder the 60ft but it should run 1.40s or high 1.30s with decent parts. High power street car, Make a ton of power neuter it with bypass valves and/or timing and run it out the back 😃 I say this because I think ive seen this car and its really damn nice!

No need to chase 60ft times and stuff but a gear dive big blower and alcohol will make that 3700lbs fly for sure 😃

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Id guess you would see 17-20lbs. I have a head that flows 75 more on a small block makes 33lbs at 62k with the f2

Traction is a rabbit hole to go down. Frontend setup, shocks, rearend set up, rear geometry, anti roll, converter, and good timing map provided you have a time or gear based timimg control?

Easiest place to start would be timing map. If its a street car and drives nice goin 75 down the highway it wont murder the 60ft but it should run 1.40s or high 1.30s with decent parts. High power street car, Make a ton of power neuter it with bypass valves and/or timing and run it out the back 😃 I say this because I think ive seen this car and its really damn nice!

No need to chase 60ft times and stuff but a gear dive big blower and alcohol will make that 3700lbs fly for sure 😃

Thank you for this feedback. Im very fortunate to have just had a well respected guy box the frame, and set up the suspension. It's at a baseline for testing now and put a 2nd gear leaver valve body so launching with the transbrake in 2nd gear if needed. I do have a power grid with launch control so I can set up the timing curve. Id love to be able to hit the tires as hard as possible but time will tell what's possible.

Definitely not trying to reinvent the wheel and no record setting with this blue boat anchor, but should be a fun street car with the gear vendor and low compression motor.

Appreciate your response!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts