Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im coming from the 3rd and 4th gen LS series of motors, it's what i cut my teeth on and really what i know.

Im tired of going heads up racing and want to run the local 8.50 index class. Debating whether to go BBC or SBC. With so many heads combo's and special piston for different heads i am a bit over whelmed. Does anyone sell or recomend a cookie cutter 8.50 capable combo in a 3100lb car? Ill can run it on the bottle if need be.

·
Registered
342 Posts
why not build an LSx motor with 450 cubes with a warhawk block and some spray or turbo? and throw on some all pro heads on it. would be killer. then you are at least working with what you are familiar with.

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why not build an LSx motor with 450 cubes with a warhawk block and some spray or turbo? and throw on some all pro heads on it. would be killer. then you are at least working with what you are familiar with.

dollar per dollar it doesn't make sense a big block will cost less and make more power.

·
T/S 368E
34,480 Posts

I would think a basic LS with procharger on ethanol would run 8.50 easier & cheaper than a N/A BBC.
No intercooler, throw a carb on it and you're there. Big chief stuff can get up there in $$. Good luck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
dollar per dollar it doesn't make sense a big block will cost less and make more power.
well you asked about sbc/bbc. its a cost game either way, a few k difference is nothing at that level. and since you stated you didnt know much about the older stuff, it will cost more to make it work and learn to make it run 8.50's if i had to choose again, my next sbc will be a gen IV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts