Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Turbos Direct would like to announce the introduction of their NEW light weight stainless steel exhaust housing.These first run housings are a direct fit for all large frame GT55 turbos.
At the time of this announcment these exhaust housings are being flow tested and are currently undergoing burst cotainment testing.
For further information Contact Turbos Direct @623 376 2562
If anyone would like to see one IN PERSON, visit Bothwell Motorsports Turbo By Garrett Team racing this weekend at the ADRL race in Ennis Texas or Street Car Super Nationals in Nov @ LVMS
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/cadpro/Turbos ADRL/

:p

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sexual chocolate.
It may just be the pic but I cannot see a register on that flange, if they don't put a register on the flange they might as well give up now, alignment and leakage will be a problem.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Care to explain why? I'm not interested in purchasing one but always interested in the specifics of design differences and reasons behind them.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Sexual chocolate.
It may just be the pic but I cannot see a register on that flange, if they don't put a register on the flange they might as well give up now, alignment and leakage will be a problem.
This.

tick tick tick tick tick tick lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Garrett has our prototype housing and are getting ready to burst test it for us. The register ring on the inlet and outlet flanges will be machined in, this is just the first run to get the housing to Garrett to get them tested. As of now they are for the GT55, and the a/r is a 1.15. We will have this housing and some other new products and the Bothwell Motorsports trailer in Vegas at the SCSN

·
Registered
37 Posts
I cant comment on PTE's housings cause I have never sold, or used them. I can tell you about our housings. First off they are NOT Garrett housings. These are Turbos Direct turbine housings. Garrett is only testing them for containment for us. The housings will be released only after they pass burst containment testing, not any sooner. We do not want a housing out there with our name on it that does not contain. The housings are made from 310 s/s, and are made start to finish in the U.S. Mounting bosses where not added because we do not like the stress it can put on the turbine housing itself. You can see this housing at the SCSN this weekend along with some of our other custom products. I will be bringing some of our billet back plates to show the weight difference form the cast iron. We have made billet back plates for....GT42, GT45, GT47, GT55, plus all small frame units too. Stop by the Garrett/Bothwell trailer and take a look.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We ourselves will not be at PRI. But, I hope to have our housings there on display. The website should be relaunched by next week.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
Garrett has our prototype housing and are getting ready to burst test it for us. The register ring on the inlet and outlet flanges will be machined in, this is just the first run to get the housing to Garrett to get them tested. As of now they are for the GT55, and the a/r is a 1.15. We will have this housing and some other new products and the Bothwell Motorsports trailer in Vegas at the SCSN
who besides Garrett is capable of burst testing? can you tell us how this is done.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts