Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 380 Posts

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
This is a BIG commitment for you, have it shipped so you dont drive by any truck stops on the way to pick it up

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
i bought a 540 from them 3 years ago and when we pulled it apart everything was clearanced and done right. i upgraded the pistons and the l 19 rodbolts the only thing is i think that the hp numbers are a little generous

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I upgraded to the
Callies 4340 Dragonslayer Crank w/Dura-Tough Heat Treating
Manley H-Beam 4340 Stroker Rods

·
I like IceCream
11,029 Posts
Good buy..........nice price...........power looks like of short. Peak tq at 5800 and peak hp at 6600. Looks like it is doing a nose dive, but I think you are going to be happy with your choice.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good buy..........nice price...........power looks like of short. Peak tq at 5800 and peak hp at 6600. Looks like it is doing a nose dive, but I think you are going to be happy with your choice.
I'll have fun this year with 23* heads, then Mike @ Shafiroff said next year put 15* or 13* heads on it & it will really pick up some hp. :D

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I heard shafiroffs dyno is alittle off,thats just what i heard.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Is the ARP 2000 rod bolts not good enough?
Those bolts are just fine--dont let anybody tell you any different,, Congrats and have fun ;)

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
Sounds like a nice piece! Good luck with it and your car 69 434. I may bust your balls, but no hard feelings ;)

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
My buddy has the same shafiroff 434 in a tube frame monza that weighs 2500lbs+/- that he converted to alcohol. Runs 9.4x's in 7000' air. Another buddy their 555 in his 67 malibu and he is very happy, had a timing chain break and shafiroff took care of everything. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 380 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.