Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making my return to drag racing in 2017 in a brand new RVW car owned by Rob Sphar out of PA and I'll be piloting my old 67 10.5 car in LDR trim with a true junk yard NOS motor. We'll be making Ducks races , Tyler's race, YB and MIR World Cup for sure with the Mustang.

My 67 will be out in March. We're not sure what's in the motor because we bought it as a salvage piece. If I'm guessing I think it's a LS motor 5.3L with a full race cam. Steve Johnson converted the intake for me to EFI and Mark Menscer is handling the shock duties on the car. RPM Transmission with be handling the power with their Turboglide 2 speed 400. Haltech engine management will be controlling the EFI on the motor with coil on plug set up.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad your doing well! Welcome back
Thanks 2016 was one heck of a ride health wise but now I feel great again and can't wait to make some passes very soon.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Shit just got real !!! ....awesome to see you back at it again Bill !!

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remembering seeing that car when it was orange. My god ! Its top 3 nicest out there imo

Carl Stevens did one hell of a job building the car it's top quality on the details.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Shit just got real !!! ....awesome to see you back at it again Bill !!

Hopefully both cars will be front runners. The Mustang is a 521 with twin Garrett 98mm turbos, M&M trans with Chance lock up converter and so on.

It's been a long time since I've ran NOS and back then we didn't have EFI so hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Awesome to hear and see. Best of luck in 2017

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Great to hear, good luck this year.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,885 Posts
Hopefully both cars will be front runners. The Mustang is a 521 with twin Garrett 98mm turbos, M&M trans with Chance lock up converter and so on.

It's been a long time since I've ran NOS and back then we didn't have EFI so hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad.
That Mustang should have plenty of power!! I'm impressed with Rick Hord's XRE powered car with 88mm turbos.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Glad you are back. I hope you come to Milan for some First Friday's and some testing.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you are back. I hope you come to Milan for some First Friday's and some testing.
We plan on running the 67 at every Milan race.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Bill that's the best news in racing I've heard all year. I'm glad you're back and wish you all the best. Love the old car and remember it well from Orlando. Those were the days sir, fun, family, friends.
Zim

·
Registered
21,164 Posts
Good to hear you are doing well. Looks like you have a lot of fun ahead of you. What happened to the front clip on the Camaro?

·
DamCoonass
15,311 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing well............now go kick some ass.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts