Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped from 1.6 rockers to 1.72 Howards and with the valve covers set down but not bolted down they move up and down with the rockers. Engine is Windsor with tfs r heads and ford racing valve covers. Has anyone else had an issue with 1.7 rockers and TW heads? Im fine with getting new valve covers if I need to not want to make sure they will clear. I believe the clearance issue is on the side of the valve cover

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Not familiar with that Ford setup, but maybe it is similar to the BBC rocker/cover interference issue. I had to grind a few of mine like this:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
My LGM shafts hit my cast finned valve covers. I had to clearance the covers on all 16 rockers. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Just swapped from 1.6 rockers to 1.72 Howards and with the valve covers set down but not bolted down they move up and down with the rockers. Engine is Windsor with tfs r heads and ford racing valve covers. Has anyone else had an issue with 1.7 rockers and TW heads? Im fine with getting new valve covers if I need to not want to make sure they will clear. I believe the clearance issue is on the side of the valve cover
Do you have the room for tall valve covers? If not, the TrickFlow short valve covers have more clearance compared to other valve covers of the same height.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have the room for tall valve covers? If not, the TrickFlow short valve covers have more clearance compared to other valve covers of the same height.
Yeah I should have plenty of room. I'm going to take a closer look at it tomorrow morning and see if a little bit of grinding on the rockers will take care of it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts