Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I saw it. We can not have lasers on our rifles at work. Good price tho, you prolly wont have it long.
You're a cop in B-ham right? This rifle you're talking about is your personal rifle thus the reason you get to make it cool next paycheck right? Being you said you can't have lasers at work I'm assuming you're planning on carrying this rifle with you at work. Is this correct? If so are you shitting me they'll let you bring your own rifle to work as a cop.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
You're a cop in B-ham right? This rifle you're talking about is your personal rifle thus the reason you get to make it cool next paycheck right? Being you said you can't have lasers at work I'm assuming you're planning on carrying this rifle with you at work. Is this correct? If so are you shitting me they'll let you bring your own rifle to work as a cop.
What is so strange about that?
I carried an M-14 in the trunk every day I was on duty. Most of the other guys carried AR's

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Hell yea they can carry their rifles. My LEO Buddy in Perlington, LA does as well. He's got a wicked level 3 plated vest in the trunk too.
Why would they not be allowed to carry any legally owned weapon?

The normal duty gear is all you see unless they need the extra firepower no doubt.

Grats on the new AR. Post pics when you get it dressed!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
What is so strange about that?
I carried an M-14 in the trunk every day I was on duty. Most of the other guys carried AR's
Due to the way things are in the lawsuit world today, I wouldn't think any dept would allow anybody to carry anything that wasn't issued to them and owned by the dept that issued it. That's just begging for a lawsuit these days. While I fully support the cops having the ability to carry anything they wish while on duty I just find it hard to believe any dept would allow that for legal liability reasons. I don't think our local city PD allows that. I think they carry what's issued and nothing more.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a police officer in Montgomery. You have to take an AR class before you can carry it in the car on duty with you. Most departments will let you carry them if you are certified.

Hunter

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I am a police officer in Montgomery. You have to take an AR class before you can carry it in the car on duty with you. Most departments will let you carry them if you are certified.

Hunter
Bingo! Certification is the key... Departments can't afford the equipment and training costs, but they like having officers with the moxy and initiative to stay ahead of the curve.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Due to the way things are in the lawsuit world today, I wouldn't think any dept would allow anybody to carry anything that wasn't issued to them and owned by the dept that issued it. That's just begging for a lawsuit these days. While I fully support the cops having the ability to carry anything they wish while on duty I just find it hard to believe any dept would allow that for legal liability reasons. I don't think our local city PD allows that. I think they carry what's issued and nothing more.
That's the way it was when I was on the "job" in Philly. We were not even allowed to carry a 'back-up' gun ...... but most of us did.
Better to be fired than buried !!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
That's the way it was when I was on the "job" in Philly. We were not even allowed to carry a 'back-up' gun ...... but most of us did.
Better to be fired than buried !!
AMEN! A former Michigan State Police trooper buddy always told me "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Do you happen to know Charles Dement that works at the FD and also does tree sevice work on the side? I think he works on one of the rescue trucks. Also what abut Bubba Kelley that works with the FD somewhere in Montgomery?

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Yep...as long as you qual w/ it you can carry it!

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
Didn't know as much about the law as you thought you did huh?:p

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Didn't know as much about the law as you thought you did huh?:p
Never said the law was one way or the other just that I can't believe a dept would allow that in this day and time. If things keep going the way they are headed now, you can believe bringing your own guns to work as an LEO won't be allowed much longer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts