Yellow Bullet Forums banner

181 - 200 of 18152 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a 1970 Chevelle SS 396 I bought new right out of the military about Summer of 1970. Sold it a year or so later. What a dumb azz I was. But for the hood, this picture is the same car. same color, same vinyl top. Mine was four speed, black interior, buckets and air. :smt022:smt022
Pooch

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Think i read that most of those guys wore the hats incase someone dropped a rivet. All i can say is those guys back in the day carried some big ass balls and built some cool structures for the tech and time frame.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I read a book about a year ago that lamented the fall of American ingenuity. It claimed that environmental action, government intrusion and entitlement mentality has dropped our world standing. ALL the new construction innovations have occurred elsewhere in the last 10 years. The Hoover Dam, Golden Gate bridge and Empire State building were constructed in the Great Depression when men were willing to work. Nowadays, everyone has their hand out for some environmental impact report, there are eminent domain issues, permits, OSHA, etc obstructing everything.

·
Registered
20,669 Posts

181 - 200 of 18152 Posts