Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I managed to finally get out to union grove for some test hits with the new combo.
The track was pretty cold, but I got it to hold a weak 6psi launch.
It shook the tires about 30ft out and I pedaled it to a 8.68 @ 160.28.
A big THANKS to all you guys that helped me gain the knowledge to make this happen.
The combo is a simple rod/piston 6.0, lsa heads, ljms stg 3 twin cam (of course), and a pair of borg s366s.
My previous best when it was a/a intercooled and on e85 was 9.12 @ 149, so this outing made huge gains!
I really likes the dual fuel setup.
E85 on the primary side and M1 on the secondary side. No cooler now, and the plugs still look pretty safe.

Have a great Sunday guys!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Turbo 400, stock 2.48 gear set, 3.50 rear, 275 pros.
The log of the run is a disaster...
My foot lifted on the hit, it shook the tires, then I clipped the limiter on the shift to second for good measure......
And, wot after 2.7 seconds into the run.....
It was a rushed pass after fixing a dead battery before the weather turned for the worse...
Can't wait for spring and a sticky track!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Our combos are very similar, but I’m a bit heavier. On marginal tracks I leave on 6psi which is around 1.37 60 and been 1.29 at 7.5psi on radial prep. It’s all about shock tuning as you add power.
Good luck making a clean pass in the spring!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man.
I'm pouring over the logs and I'm honestly stoked about the potential for a sub 8.5x pass on 25psi when I get the 60 in line.
It's been 1.32 on the back tires, so it's a no brainer on a warm track.
It feels great to be motivated about the car again.
I will add the Holley boost control and a chute over the winter.
Now, how greedy do I get with boost?
My gut is telling me 30 ish to the 1/8 then tame it down out the back to help it live?
Stock crank, eagle h-beams with arp2000 bolts, je pistons.
Hmmmm......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts