Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if this e-mail I got from "PayPal" is legit. I checked their website and there is no mention of this "new policy".

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.
Starting 11/16/2011, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21 days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.
Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.
I sent them a e-mail (from their website, not a link on the e-mail I received) 2 days ago to see if it was legit and I have not got a response. Snopes has no mention of it as being some sort of scam.

Anyone know if this in fact a new policy of PayPal???

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Just withdrew funds put in on Tuesday...Tuesday night. they went in my bank account today....so I'd say it's bullshit.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you submit the tracking info and it shows it was delivered and no complaints its 3 days after. Just went thru it myself on something I sold on Ebay. Said up to 21 days, but in the end it was 6 days total. If the guy would of just put positive feedback once he received it the money would of been available right then.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Sounds like it is time to quit using paypal, there are just as many if not more dead beat buyers as there are sellers.

·
Registered
38,985 Posts
Not bullshit. I got the notice and some money held up a couple of months ago. Seems this is a semi-random PP policy, among smaller sellers. If you're ever been disputed or filed a dispute (which I have), you'll get the notice, sure as hell.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just withdrew funds put in on Tuesday...Tuesday night. they went in my bank account today....so I'd say it's bullshit.
The e-mail states it starts 11/16.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're ever disputed or file a dispute (which I have), you'll get the notice, sure as hell.
I don't do much on EBay but I do a 100% positive feedback with no disputes or claims.. I could see them doing this w/ sellers who they have had issues with, but I have had no issues ever..

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows if this e-mail I got from "PayPal" is legit. I checked their website and there is no mention of this "new policy".

I sent them a e-mail (from their website, not a link on the e-mail I received) 2 days ago to see if it was legit and I have not got a response. Snopes has no mention of it as being some sort of scam.

Anyone know if this in fact a new policy of PayPal???

You can forward that message to here> [email protected]
They will email you back telling you if its a scam or call them and talk to them live> 1-402-935-2050

4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST on Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
475 Posts
Did it to me a couple of months ago. I won't sell no because of it. With pal pal the buyer has all rights. I had a claim filed against me last year. Guy said the parts were not in the condition I claimed. My response was to give him a full refund (pay pal had lock ed the money anyway) and he was to return the parts. 15 months later I still don't have my money or parts back.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
amen brutha
It hurts me for selling stuff because they have made everyone use it, so now that I don't use it and can only take cash or check it makes some shy away.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I got an email like that a few years back, and it was the same sell I got scammed on. Luckily I caught the item and got it back before it shipped.

As said above, send it to [email protected] and they will let you know if it's legit.

As far as saying phuck paypal, who else do yall suggest that's legit?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I love how you guys slam paypal. Ive done over $75K through paypal in the last 36 months and never once had a issue. Account has never been hacked, stolen, etc.. Its a very easy system. The buyer and seller both have equal power. Its really easy, you send tracking info to the buyer as soon as you send stuff out the door. I havent gotten any email from them about 21day holding. Its a scam im sure. I never open anything that has to do with paypal account info. If its really a REAL thing, then there will be a notification when you log onto your account. 90% of the paypal emails that go out that are account related are scams!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's legit. Happend to my company account that had 5 years tenure.Some jerk off bought the wrong part off our ebay store and blamed us for selling him the wrong part, so he filed a complaint with Ebay & Paypal, so paypal slapped a 21 day hold on all withdrawls so I said fuck that and opened another account. I hardly use the account with the 21 day hold.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can forward that message to here> [email protected]
They will email you back telling you if its a scam or call them and talk to them live> 1-402-935-2050

That is the e-mail address I sent it to. I have not gotten a reponse back....

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
It's legit. Happend to my company account that had 5 years tenure.Some jerk off bought the wrong part off our ebay store and blamed us for selling him the wrong part, so he filed a complaint with Ebay & Paypal, so paypal slapped a 21 day hold on all withdrawls so I said fuck that and opened another account. I hardly use the account with the 21 day hold.
So you had a bad sell, and got the email. Just simple for a scam to copy and paste the same email.

I noticed on the emails I got, they said paypal, but when you hover the mouse over the name it shows where it really came from.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts