Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of these heads which one is better?? If you could get the outlaw heads about 1000 cheaper would you.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ttt

·
Registered
431 Posts
Depends on the motor but the 255's need alot of lift to see gains. The 225's seem to have better averages under. 750.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Depends on the motor but the 255's need alot of lift to see gains. The 225's seem to have better averages under. 750.
Yup. What you said :-D

Better "area under the curve" in the R's. If you are going BIG lift, the 255's are the deal. The angle of the valve job on the 255's makes them higher maintanence (valve job won't last as long before they need a re-touch).

BTW, the Outlaw TFS R from TEA has a 235cc intake runner.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I found a brand new set of trick flow r heads the new castings. They are the 235 outlaw heads just like the ones from tea. T & A shaft rockers ti intake inconnell exhaust valves and new fabricated valve covers. For 3200. Was wondering if it is worth taking my afr225 heads off for these. And I'm not sure if I can use the same piston. It is a maybe. Heads set up and ready to bolt on.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Yea I found a brand new set of trick flow r heads the new castings. They are the 235 outlaw heads just like the ones from tea. T & A shaft rockers ti intake inconnell exhaust valves and new fabricated valve covers. For 3200. Was wondering if it is worth taking my afr225 heads off for these. And I'm not sure if I can use the same piston. It is a maybe. Heads set up and ready to bolt on.
NOPE, but they are great heads.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can change pistons if the gains are worth it. Just don't know much about the heads.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
what is the application? thats the most important thing to know.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
432 14.5 to 1. With a IS fogger. 28x10.5 slicks. Just local grudge racing.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I like the highport better. especially with .850"+ lift and a #2828 or CHI manifold and long pivot Jesel shaft rocker kit

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
I second that..
really would do something right at or very close to .920" lift range, and Jesel has two rocker kits ,get the one with 1.650 pivot body rockers.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
A High Port can be taken pretty far. I've switched from R's to High Ports on my new engine.

Sorry about the crapy cell phone pic.

These were done by Jim Kuntz.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a nice head

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nice looking heads guys!!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts