Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post pictures when it comes in. Ordered spare mags for it as well. I like SIG's but they aren't lefty friendly so that's out for me. I've heard good reviews on this firearm so I guess we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
32,904 Posts
That's been on my "radar" for awhile, I just hadn't seen one yet to fondle.

Be sure and let us know what you think of it after you get a chance to shoot it!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's been on my "radar" for awhile, I just hadn't seen one yet to fondle.

Be sure and let us know what you think of it after you get a chance to shoot it!
I haven't either, but I usually take the plunge for my local gunshop on uncommon firearms. I like trying different stuff out, and it usually ends up being a positive experience as long as I've done my research.

·
Registered
32,904 Posts
I haven't either, but I usually take the plunge for my local gunshop on uncommon firearms. I like trying different stuff out, and it usually ends up being a positive experience as long as I've done my research.
That's how I ended up buying a couple of Caniks.... They shoot great also!

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
That's how I ended up buying a couple of Caniks.... They shoot great also!
We have a rental one at the local range and it seems to chug right along; not a bad shooter, fairly comfortable, really not a lot to dislike, though the ambidextrous decocker, on a striker fired gun, is pretty unusual. I'd never heard of it until they got it in.

·
102,312 Posts
What do you mean when you say not lefty friendly? If it's the magazine release you're referring to, that can be switched.

·
Registered
32,904 Posts
We have a rental one at the local range and it seems to chug right along; not a bad shooter, fairly comfortable, really not a lot to dislike, though the ambidextrous decocker, on a striker fired gun, is pretty unusual. I'd never heard of it until they got it in.
I've never trusted decockers....
or used them.

It's either ready to rock or it's cleared.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What do you mean when you say not lefty friendly? If it's the magazine release you're referring to, that can be switched.
Most SIGS don't use ambi controls like for example... an HK USP does. In this case, I'm mainly referring to the safety mechanism I guess. I'm used to reloading with my pointer finger so that's not as much of an issue to me either, but it is nice to be able to swap them around. I personally do not carry with the safety on, but I like to have as many functions designed for everyone as opposed to just.... most people. I guess what I'm saying is - shooting a handgun designed for right handed people is generally awkward and I'd rather avoid that where I can since I'm obviously spending money on it.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,464 Posts
Interesting.....

I did not realize the FIME group out of Vegas was importing these.
They are the same group that import and customize many well known high quality AK variants.

That does say alot IMO.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting.....

I did not realize the FIME group out of Vegas was importing these.
They are the same group that import and customize many well known high quality AK variants.

That does say alot IMO.
Yep, when I saw that I knew it was worth a shot. I can tell you this - this handgun has everything I wanted different in a SIG. No regrets buying it at all. The grip is really spectacular on this firearm. Normal SIG's are just way too fat for me... and for $600? No-brainer.

·
Registered
32,904 Posts
Very nice!

·
Satans Daddy
16,796 Posts
Have been contemplating this package. Originally saw it in Firearm News.
Damn these threads.lol

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Range report.. plugged 150 rounds through it tonight. Minimal felt recoil and easy to bring up on target. It really should have a set of night sights I think, but the stockers were just fine... it's definitely tolerable and pleasant to shoot. I've felt better from the guns I do have, but I believe it's more of fitting my hand better than the gun itself. Overall I will be keeping the gun, I really like it quite a bit. Gun is still very tight in tolerances, but it shoots smooth. I think it will continue to smoothen up over time and break in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts