Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKIN for advice should I get a new cheap husky-cargo or proline trailer for 5-6k or get a older haulmark or united for the same price?

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I battled that question myself before I bought. I couldn't find a reasonably priced used one so I ended up coughing up the dough for a middle grade new one. I refused to spend 8 grand on a 5+ year old $10k trailer.

·
"PRES."(Jus Sayin CREW)
121,521 Posts

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I bought a new Proline 28 ft Outlaw, great trailer so far!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
LOOKIN for advice should I get a new cheap husky-cargo or proline trailer for 5-6k or get a older haulmark or united for the same price?
Ask my dad that the next time you see him... 3 used trailers in as many years... all had issues beneath the surface.

A team spirit trailer like I got is in your price range, take a look at what majestic has on the lot. I beat them down $1000 from what they were asking, and got aluminum wheels and a hitch thrown in.

·
Wannabe Racer
6,701 Posts
New...unless it is a smoking deal and you can do a thorough, and I mean top to bottom look at all the wiring, structure and hub/ brakes thorough inspection.

·
Cactus salesman
4,057 Posts
How far do you plan on towing with it?

I had a used 30ft from 1996--it was nice inside with cabinets, winch, tool box, air tank, etc, etc. But I almost didn't make it home when I went from CA to Tenn for a race. Wheel fell off somewhere between Amarillo TX and NM on the way back home. I towed a bunch of times to my local track (90 miles one way) before the trip, and only had a couple thousand miles since the bearings were repacked with grease. If you plan on towing that far, I say new.

On the other hand, if you local track is only 30 minutes away or whatever, you could go used and just inspect everything on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Here's a Captain Obvious moment..........

Everything depends on price and condition. You buy a trailer that was used by a circle-jerk it will be beat up and used up. You buy a trailer from a drag racer or show car person, chances are it was well cared for and has a lot of life left in it.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Here's a Captain Obvious moment..........

Everything depends on price and condition. You buy a trailer that was used by a circle-jerk it will be beat up and used up. You buy a trailer from a drag racer or show car person, chances are it was well cared for and has a lot of life left in it.
truth, and usually get extras with it....also hard to find because of it

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ask my dad that the next time you see him... 3 used trailers in as many years... all had issues beneath the surface.

A team spirit trailer like I got is in your price range, take a look at what majestic has on the lot. I beat them down $1000 from what they were asking, and got aluminum wheels and a hitch thrown in.
just left there rick he said 7700 not any lower..........:-damnit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts