Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlaw Street Rules Changes

July 28, 2008
Summit Motorsports Park is initiating some substantial rules changes for the Last Second Race Cars Outlaw Street class. Effective immediately, Outlaw Street cars equipped with a full tube or (2x3) box chassis will be permitted to run a power adder. Tube chassis or (2x3) box chassis cars must meet a 2,800-pound weight minimum. In addition to the above rule changes, Outlaw Street cars will no longer be required to retain factory stock front frame rails, front suspension mounting points, or factory stock firewall. We will utilize the remaining two 2008 races for data collection purposes. This will afford us an opportunity to craft updated rules changes for an expanded 2009 program. We feel that these changes will make the Outlaw Street class more competitive and more enjoyable.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
There are a lot of tracks around here.

I hope they expand that program and add a couple more classes.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they need cars there for sure. I think the 1/8 program this year ran some people off and there are still a lot of cars that are still being built or updated that are still not done.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Yea they need cars there for sure. I think the 1/8 program this year ran some people off and there are still a lot of cars that are still being built or updated that are still not done.
It was the tech that ran the cars off, if ya had a piece of pipe under the hood of a stock bodied car they declared em chassis cars.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Its all about what I have been saying all along!!! Inclusion of cars is the only way things will succed NOT exclusion!! My bet is next year this same idea will be intiated with the same ideas but with multiple classes... DR.. true 10.5 classes are getting more popular so there are alot more cars and I can see why they dont want to race cars they can not compete against even tho it might be to the detrimate of the class my car will fits in... OPen rules is the only way local events have a chance!! with the small payouts!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
So it sounds like if you can't run with the fast cars in Door Wars you can just jump classes and run Outlaw Street. Zip tie a license plate on the car and cover up some stickers, add some ballast and you're good to go. Two steps backwards in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
So it sounds like if you can't run with the fast cars in Door Wars you can just jump classes and run Outlaw Street. Zip tie a license plate on the car and cover up some stickers, add some ballast and you're good to go. Two steps backwards in my opinion.
exactly.! some stupid shit right there. what little rules are now no rules. there is a good decision.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
It'll end up a Silver Class for Door Wars for sure, they been getting extra cars that'll move to Outlaw Street in a minute for some quick money. Exactly who does the "thinking" at Norwalk anyways? The rules they had were fine if a decent, honest man were teching an not making things up as they go. The old rules were not complex at all, only they staffs translation.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
I like the new rules will allow Box to run his car with a power adder and be more competitive!! If Door Warz cars run in the class they will be way out front and their is a clause if any 1 car is detrimental to the class they will get the boot so quit crying you little babbies!! LOL

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
It'll end up a Silver Class for Door Wars for sure, they been getting extra cars that'll move to Outlaw Street in a minute for some quick money. Exactly who does the "thinking" at Norwalk anyways? The rules they had were fine if a decent, honest man were teching an not making things up as they go. The old rules were not complex at all, only they staffs translation.

i dont see those guys adding 300lbs between rounds to run another class.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
Who are you and what did you do with zaffy?:p
Iv always wanted open rules... next year they will prob have open rules and a extra class or two... Its a hard thing to do to makes rules you want fast cars but you also want competition and car counts so you cant make everybody happy!! Right now car count is down mostly due to a few cars being fixed or retooled . However the changes were made to help the car count not please the slower cars!!

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I like the new rules will allow Box to run his car with a power adder and be more competitive!! If Door Warz cars run in the class they will be way out front and their is a clause if any 1 car is detrimental to the class they will get the boot so quit crying you little babbies!! LOL
so someone follows the rules blows everyone away and then gets booted. thats real fair isnt it. this new rule makes no sense. fuck the license plate and just let all non lettered top sportsman cars run too then. this class is doomed with this new setup. as Z said the rules were ok maybe needing tweaked but they needed someone to tech the cars correctly or let the racers themselves be the techs.

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
i guess i'll just have to run at National trails outlaw street race now at least there i won't have to run a pro mod with a license plate.Zaffy don't get mad when BG comes there and spanks you at Norwalk..lol

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
so someone follows the rules blows everyone away and then gets booted. thats real fair isnt it. this new rule makes no sense. fuck the license plate and just let all non lettered top sportsman cars run too then. this class is doomed with this new setup. as Z said the rules were ok maybe needing tweaked but they needed someone to tech the cars correctly or let the racers themselves be the techs.
You werent happy with old rules now you like them you dont like new rules maybe tm you will like them boohoo!! Be lucky there is a place to race at all!! Makes total sense if 1 car is a half second faster than everybody they either slow their car down or they dont race!! Only cars that will be way ahead are cars that the race isnt intended for so when they come they will have 1 race to play then not be allowed back its pretty simple!!

1 - 20 of 148 Posts