·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FACTORY EXPERIMENTAL
DESIGNATION
A/FX preceded by car number.

Reserved for 2019 and newer Manufactured Automobiles with Factory production
engine of the same make. Manufacturer engines and bodies not listed in this section
may be submitted for acceptance in Factory Experimental
Currently Accepted makes/models:

Chevrolet (Camaro – COPO) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.
Dodge (Challenger – Drag Pak) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.
Ford (Mustang – Cobra Jet) – minimum weight 2,650 lbs.

All minimum weights listed above include driver.

Exhibition Vehicle Rulebook Supplement
Note: NHRA may adjust (minimum weights, supercharger pulley ratios, etc.) at any time
to control performance and maintain parity within the category.
Currently Accepted Combinations:
All accepted FACTORY A/FX bodies are eligible to be used with the accepted
engine combinations listed below. Engine must be same make as body.
2020 Camaro COPO 350
• 630 HP Supercharged 2.65L Magnuson
• Upper supercharger pulley size: (3.125) inches
• Supercharger rear jack shaft cog pulley 32 teeth
• Supercharger rear cog pulley 34 teeth

2021 Challenger Drag Pak 354
• 630 HP Supercharged 3.0L Whipple
• Upper supercharger pulley size: (3.375) inches
Lower Engine Pulley (8.000) inches

2019 Mustang Cobra Jet 327
• 610 HP Supercharged 3.0L Whipple
• Upper supercharger pulley size: (3.750) inches
• Lower engine pulley 6.938 inches.

·
Registered
33,780 Posts
Seems odd that they wouldn't let Ford use the same pulley sizes.

Reactions: Erik-427

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
Yeah the GM engine with the huge bore and short stroke and they still have to penalize the much more production based Ford and Mopar. The pulley sizes for the Ford must be from the tow vehicle supercharger kit? And "convertor"?? These will be stick cars if they want to win.

·
Super Moderator
49,432 Posts
Chevy 630 hp - 2.65L Supercharger - Magnuson
Mopar 630 hp - 3.0L Supercharger - Whipple
Ford 610 hp - 3.0L Supercharger - Whipple

I admit, I don't know much about superchargers, so things seem to be kind of balanced,...are those superchargers that different? And does the pulley size do that much?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Note: NHRA may adjust (minimum weights, supercharger pulley ratios, etc.) at any time
to control performance and maintain parity within the category.

It's a starting point, give it a chance.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Chevy 630 hp - 2.65L Supercharger - Magnuson
Mopar 630 hp - 3.0L Supercharger - Whipple
Ford 610 hp - 3.0L Supercharger - Whipple

I admit, I don't know much about superchargers, so things seem to be kind of balanced,...are those superchargers that different? And does the pulley size do that much?
completely different world :cool: Hell I found that out in 86 when the Buick GN came out. 231 ci. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
49,432 Posts
completely different world :cool: Hell I found that out in 86 when the Buick GN came out. 231 ci. :eek:
I understand the huge difference super chargers and turbo chargers make compared to naturally aspirated engines,...my question was, is there a huge difference between the performance of a Whipple vs, a Magnuson, and does .5 make a huge difference when talking about pully size?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That was my suspicion as well.

Aren't the Fords already the quickest amongst these?
the ford is a bad mofo, even with the pulley. The dodge is probably really close to it. Geoff Turks car hauled ass mph wise.
actually the slowest of them may be the chevy. Stanfield won the championship, but actual whoopass wise, the other 2 are as fast or faster. The factory rated hp numbers are a joke...lol.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The question is who will build these? Factory stock racers, Skillman, Tasca? Pro stock racers, Elite, KB Racing? Exhibition so no $ and not guaranteed it will become a class. Sounds like a great class but hope they can entice enough competitors for competition. Fingers crossed

·
TEAM CARB
47,403 Posts
The question is who will build these? Factory stock racers, Skillman, Tasca? Pro stock racers, Elite, KB Racing? Exhibition so no $ and not guaranteed it will become a class. Sounds like a great class but hope they can entice enough competitors for competition. Fingers crossed
For this to be a class… there has to be at least a few existing cars, and a bunch that are already started.

1 - 20 of 694 Posts