Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I know in the past World has had a crappy reputation but that no longer fits, they have completely turned the program around since PBM took over, this block varies not more than one tenth on the mains or cam tunnel comes with arp studs and bolts. The block kit which is only about a 50.00 up sell comes with Main bearings rod bearings, brass freeze plugs , plug and dowel kit and coated cam bearings.

This is how my boring fixture works, not mine but similar. I would normally square deck the block before boring with a BHJ block true fixture, however customer does not want this block cut and I have confidence it's square anyway.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Would a stud for oil pump change clearances verses the bolt? Just curious as I usually run a stud.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Probably a little but you could compensate by adjusting the torque a little most likely since the amount of tq. on an oil pump bolt is not arbitrary.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Yes, 4" stroke customer is taking everything out of his failed block and putting in this one.

They make this block in a .134 raised cam version too. everything fits under the stock cover and they have billet timing sets available. Too bad he didn't start out with one of those but now he's stuck.

·
Registered
827 Posts
In the past there were issues with splitting these and/or pulling the mains out. Even at what I would consider fairly low power levels. Are the mains still doweled? Bulkheads improved?

How does the material seems to compare to Dart Little M or Iron Eagle when machining? Meaning if you clearance a stock block vs Dart you can clearly tell the Dart is a harder/more dense material, etc.

Jason G.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
They definitely don't hone like a stock block and these blocks are totally different than the old ones that used to break, They have have a light weight block also thats made from 40k psi material.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts