Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new motor on a 850pph kit wants around 115lbs of fuel...
old motor only wanted about 70lbs... same kit different motor...

new motor makes about 10mph more on the same kit. new motor wants about 5 degrees less timing on the 850pph kit as well.....

The motor fuel table is dialed in well by engine dyno and a few trips via motor only passes.

does this seem strange?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bigger CID and/or heads/cam? You are displacing less air if you have more CID, heads/cam with the same jet, making more power.

I've seen the same jet make double the added power on different engines, one with big heads/cam vs small heads/cam.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigger CID and/or heads/cam? You are displacing less air if you have more CID, heads/cam with the same jet, making more power.

I've seen the same jet make double the added power on different engines, one with big heads/cam vs small heads/cam.
bigger CID and the heads and cam are just a better design...

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Good luck with it TY...looks like a winner.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The new motor on a 850pph kit wants around 115lbs of fuel...
old motor only wanted about 70lbs... same kit different motor...

new motor makes about 10mph more on the same kit. new motor wants about 5 degrees less timing on the 850pph kit as well.....

The motor fuel table is dialed in well by engine dyno and a few trips via motor only passes.

does this seem strange?
I just went through same thing. Funny I was thinking about posting about it. Old HCI combo with .082 on up wanted 65ish# and with new HCI setup on 1000pph plate kit needed 150# of fuel. I was floored same fuel C16. and motor really came alive on the jug. Now 440# total and went 10mph faster in 1/8th so far and haven't really tuned it yet with 1150pph. 128.5mph on 8.5's @3080#.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinly veiled brag. Nicely done.
I'll be honest, i've been skeptical of "professional" engine builders for a long time...

however this transaction with BES has blown me away.

850pph kit runs 146mph in the middle of july (1300DA 80water grains) with probably atleast 2mph left of tweaking on it in same conditions.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll be honest, i've been skeptical of "professional" engine builders for a long time...

however this transaction with BES has blown me away.

850pph kit runs 146mph in the middle of july (1300DA 80water grains) with probably atleast 2mph left of tweaking on it in same conditions.
I was a bit skeptical as well until we got an engine from Kuntz and then it became pretty obvious that there is a lot of power left on the table if you try to do it yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts