Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New motor is sitting in the car waiting for the day that it can be brought to life. But we have to make a couple of choices...the motor is being turbo charged and fuel injected.
I have been told that you dont want to do the initial start up on a new(never tested) fuel injection system because of possible issue with the system. I was told that it would be better to start the motor on a carb...break in the cam and then put the EFI system on it.
Also...a hotrod shop told us yesterday that we should just build the turbo system now but dont put any boost into the motor. Basically letting the turbo free wheel....We wanting to borrow a blow thru carb to start the motor and then build the EFI system. But the shop told us that it was not needed...
So with that being said...what do we need to do?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
340 Posts
what engine management do you use ? you can go through the parameters, get your sensors setup, get your firing order setup, give it a bit of fuel, throw a base timing number in it (all over the map) and try it out

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We may be way off base on how we are going about the build and what we want from the system. The system that we had planned on using is the Mega Squirt system. We had planned on using one of the late model gm flex fuel map sensors so that we can run either E85,race fuel or pump gas.
The car is being built to provide enough fuel to run either of them...

Rick

·
Registered
340 Posts
fwiw, we ran methanol with a normal gm 3 bar map sensor, with no problems, and i know many others use that sensor on gasoline's. (i dont know what you mean by "late model flex fuel sensor" )

here are some calculators to help you decide on fuel injector size.
http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

what are you using for ref and sync sensors ? will you use an msd pro billet distributer ? msd flying magnet crank trigger ? that stuff will need to be setup in the managment system. you will also need to phase in the distributer cap ETC (you probably know more about phasing the dist. in anyways but i figured it wont hurt to tell ya :p )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts